Cyle Larin

shermanator

Larin and Hutch both starting in the Cup final today.  Will be interesting to see how the team plays with the inevitable championship hangover (and I mean that both literally and figuratively).  The attraction of winning the double may be enough but after winning the season on Saturday it might that some mental discipline to refocus and get fully motivated for this one. 

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Larin and Hutch both starting in the Cup final today.  Will be interesting to see how the team plays with the inevitable championship hangover (and I mean that both literally and figuratively).  The attraction of winning the double may be enough but after winning the season on Saturday it might that some mental discipline to refocus and get fully motivated for this one. 

Up 1-0 after 3 minutes so a positive start for the Turkish Champions (has a nice ring to it).

He was linked there first before Spurs and West Ham. Learning under Ancelloti would be pretty cool. Moyes.. not so much (he has done an amazing job in fairness).

David was linked to Newcastle, Liverpool, Manure and Arsenal too. Funny there was not crossover.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

For those of you with Instagram check out cyle larins story. Besides the horrible music it looks like an unreal experience celebrating the league and cup double with their fans aboard ferries/yachts in the Istanbul Harbour.

Has to be the most beautiful and impressive victory parade I've ever seen! What a treat to experience

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Apologies of this is old news, but they say Spartak Moscow offered €10 million for Larin.

I would be a bit disappointed if he moved to Spartak, it just seems very lateral. A top team in a league of similar pedigree that also gets frequent Champions/Europa League games, but rarely gets past the group stage.

I'd much prefer a lower EPL team where he frequently is facing higher quality opponents.

15 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I would think Besiktas would want more than 10m for a player who scored so often. 

This is true but then do other clubs around Europe view Larin in that way? Besiktas of course do hence why they won't sell him or if they do, they want more money because they know what he brings to the table. It would be nice if the bigger clubs do take an interest but it probably will be teams in Europe who are like middle of the pack teams.

Just now, youllneverwalkalone said:

Besiktas pays the big dough tho. Or at least they say they do. I would always worry about getting a regular cheque as you get out of Western Europe.

I think Larin is on 1.5 million euros a season, so not a bad deal, assuming he's getting his cheques regularly.

A West Ham site has just picked on up on the fact that the Beskitas President said this in an interview a few days ago (via translate):

"There is an offer for Larin. But we do not intend to sell it. We want to keep our staff...Players are not given just because there is an offer. The numbers we are facing are not satisfactory."

Original interviewhttps://www.fanatik.com.tr/ahmet-nur-cebi-onumuze-gelen-rakamlar-bizi-tatmin-edici-degil-2225172

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/besiktas-chief-confirms-bid-for-kyle-larin-west-ham-could-sign-him-this-summer/

4 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I think I saw on the broadcast last night that Larin was the all time leading goal scorer for Canada in World Cup qualification. Does anybody have those stats? I'd say that is scoring in big games no matter who the competition is.

2018 WCQ: vs. Dominica (x2), Honduras, El Salvador

2022 WCQ: vs. Bermuda (x3), Cayman Islands, Aruba, Haiti (x2)

11 in 16 total matches. 

Funny though, he has played in 3 Gold Cups and has yet to score a goal.

11 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I think I saw on the broadcast last night that Larin was the all time leading goal scorer for Canada in World Cup qualification. Does anybody have those stats? I'd say that is scoring in big games no matter who the competition is.

Seriously. Lets put this to bed.

He scored the crucial goal in the away match in Haiti. As of now that may be the biggest goal for us in WCQ since maybe 1996 or 1997.

Hopefully there will be more big goals to come.