Cyle Larin

shermanator

This is the last thing I will say on this topic. I don't want to derail the thread any further.

You guys are worse than the content which you deride. It's a real shame considering our team has finally tasted some mild success and this place should be a fun place to visit. Instead we get childish, garbage feedback to a single poster at his every turn.

It is bullying plain and simple, and I think very poorly of those participating. I have been here since the Network54 days and I have never spoken out about this type of behaviour previously. That should be a barometer showing just how facking useless your attitudes are. 

I'm out.

7 hours ago, yomurphy1 said:

Don't feed him. 

TGAA_Star is a genuine poster. I know some think he's just trolling, but he posts with the same style over at Big Soccer in the Canada thread of the USMNT section, so if you think he's here to just annoy us, he is not. He's a Ghanain turned CanMNT fan, who may lack the "sophistication" of some other posters, but at least doesn't suffer from the same group think as we do.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and welcoming his difference of opinion, and trying not to be a dick towards his posts while I am at it.

On 6/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, Varsity Tyler said:

This is the last thing I will say on this topic. I don't want to derail the thread any further.

You guys are worse than the content which you deride. It's a real shame considering our team has finally tasted some mild success and this place should be a fun place to visit. Instead we get childish, garbage feedback to a single poster at his every turn.

It is bullying plain and simple, and I think very poorly of those participating. I have been here since the Network54 days and I have never spoken out about this type of behaviour previously. That should be a barometer showing just how facking useless your attitudes are. 

I'm out.

Back in the Network 54 I was a bit of a hothead posting, much worse than now.

But you were not exactly the finest of posters either.

I do agree that he is sincere enough and should not be jumped on, and you are right there is an ignore option. I do so with quite a few people on this board.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I"m not sure Larin needs to leave Turkey just yet.  If the money is right (I'm sure it is and only getting better) it looks like he's in a comfortable place where he could really shine.  I'm suggesting we don't even know if we've seen his best yet and restarting elsewhere might do more to interrupt his progression rather than accelerate it.

I think he can be picky at this point.  Still young enough that his big payday may come in the future.   LOL, or not.  It's a risky business trying to get the timing right.  

These poor lads, stressed if you're not performing, stressed if you are and every which way you look there's an army of players fighting to put you out of a job.    

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Back in the Network 54 I was a bit of a hothead posting, much worse than now.

But you were not exactly the finest of posters either, you were infantile, petty and made countless useless posts. It is not like you have been the most exemplary member of the board. So enough of this high ground, it doesn't wash.

Edit: basically I am saying you are defending his posting because yours was very similar. Although I do agree that he is sincere enough and should not be jumped on, and you are right there is an ignore option. I do so with quite a few people on this board. I wish I had it for your posts back when.

Never change, Jeffrey.

It's a tough situation. On one hand I like he seems settled and is somewhere he is thriving. That shouldn't be taken for granted. Likewise CL football. 

On the other hand if he is to move somewhere bigger does he gamble on repeating that form or move while his stock is sky high? 

I'm happy if he sticks. It is clearly working for him at Besiktas and if he has it in him to move a step higher then he has it in him to have another season like this one at Besiktas which will give him even more leverage to move. If he can't and last year was a purple patch, odds are he wouldn't thrive in a better league easily. 

He has clearly grown lots as a player. As a few people have mentioned one more year of growth in a favorable setting wont hurt him in the long term imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that transfer talk for Larin has kind of stalled? I wonder if that's because Vincent Aboubakar left Besiktas on a free transfer to Al Nassar? With UCL coming it seems unlikely Besiktas is going to lose Larin AND Aboubakar in the same window.

Maybe he stays and leaves on his own free transfer at the end of next season?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Has anyone noticed that transfer talk for Larin has kind of stalled? I wonder if that's because Vincent Aboubakar left Besiktas on a free transfer to Al Nassar? With UCL coming it seems unlikely Besiktas is going to lose Larin AND Aboubakar in the same window.

Maybe he stays and leaves on his own free transfer at the end of next season?

They've also lost Rachid Ghezzal who is now with Galatasaray. Those are two big losses. I thought their success last season was due to five players - Larin, Hutch, Ghezzal, Aboubakar and De Souza. They seemed to be able to manage without one of those players in the lineup but they were a much weaker team if two or more were unavailable as they had very little on the bench when it came to replacing them.

If Besikas are going to make another run this year they need to add two strong players and sort out the Rosier situation as well. I don't think they can afford to transfer Larin if they want to have any hope of being competitive this year.

4 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

They've also lost Rachid Ghezzal who is now with Galatasaray. Those are two big losses. I thought their success last season was due to five players - Larin, Hutch, Ghezzal, Aboubakar and De Souza. They seemed to be able to manage without one of those players in the lineup but they were a much weaker team if two or more were unavailable as they had very little on the bench when it came to replacing them.

If Besikas are going to make another run this year they need to add two strong players and sort out the Rosier situation as well. I don't think they can afford to transfer Larin if they want to have any hope of being competitive this year.

Besiktas have been working on getting Sevilla's Luuk de Jong on loan, I think the deal is very close to being done. 

He's similar to Larin, but I am not sure he's as big a scorer.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Besiktas have been working on getting Sevilla's Luuk de Jong on loan, I think the deal is very close to being done. 

He's similar to Larin, but I am not sure he's as big a scorer.

I'd like to see them add some depth on the wings. I know it's become a joke on this forum to link random Canadian players with Besiktas but I think Hoilett would be a really good fit.