Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

I think after seeing how hopeless the team is in CL, the coach would rather save him for the league.

He also recently returned from an injury and may not be ready to go 90. I think this was the most minutes he's played in a match since the Honduras game. There's no point pushing him hard at this stage and risking another injury.

Edited by Norrin Radd

7 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

He also recently returned from an injury and may not be ready to go 90. I think this was the most minutes he's played in a match since the Honduras game. There's no point pushing him hard at this stage and risking another injury.

Not unless you want to see.....The Brym

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

His hands were all over him, but to be fair the defender never made much effort to hold his ground. I can't even tell for sure whether you can call it a jump either, so maybe there's an argument the defender just flopped when he felt Larin. 

Congrats to Larin on the goal, but now I'll play devil's advocate for the defender. In a play like that where the attacker puts their weight on the shoulders of a defender to hang in the air a half second longer and get the header, it is impossible for the defender to jump. The attacker (Larin in this case) jumps too early. If nobody is there to hold them up they will return to the ground with the ball going over their head. So Larin is in the air too early. If the defender is timing their jump correctly, they will have extra weight on their shoulders when it comes time to jump. And of course, it's hard to jump with the weight of a second person on you, especially when you weren't expecting it half a second earlier when you prepared to jump.

So we shouldn't take the lack of a jump from the defender as evidence there wasn't a foul.

So yeah, I think it was a foul, but I'm also biased and I'm happy it wasn't called. Great to see Larin scoring, even if it ultimately didn't make a difference in the game.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

So we shouldn't take the lack of a jump from the defender as evidence there wasn't a foul.

So yeah, I think it was a foul, but I'm also biased and I'm happy it wasn't called. Great to see Larin scoring, even if it ultimately didn't make a difference in the game.

I think you forgot that Larin is from CONCACA and he has learned the dark arts of that region.

Edited by Sal333

18 hours ago, Kent said:

Congrats to Larin on the goal, but now I'll play devil's advocate for the defender. In a play like that where the attacker puts their weight on the shoulders of a defender to hang in the air a half second longer and get the header, it is impossible for the defender to jump. The attacker (Larin in this case) jumps too early. If nobody is there to hold them up they will return to the ground with the ball going over their head. So Larin is in the air too early. If the defender is timing their jump correctly, they will have extra weight on their shoulders when it comes time to jump. And of course, it's hard to jump with the weight of a second person on you, especially when you weren't expecting it half a second earlier when you prepared to jump.

Well considering they got what I felt was a harsh penalty against, and then on the 2nd Besiktas goal I was not sure what had that called back (offside, but they were not showing the VAR images on my broadcast), I did not mind them getting a break there. 

Turkey is sloppy football, this is how it is. The are not precise and lose the ball easily, there are missed opportunities to progress in possession constantly. I think, of the leagues not top 4, and after watching Ligue 1, Portugal has one of the highest levels of discipline and precision, they are tight and well-coached teams in general. Good result for them.

What a great player he has become since Orlando! Can't believe we have that quality up front. Larin, David, Davies, Buchanan, Hoilett, Millar, Cavalini. Then as backup we have Pasher, Akindele, Armanda, Ennin. Probably forget fews (could add Flores, Jebbison and Sali lol). What the fuck.

Edited by MauditYvon

53 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

What a great player he has become since Orlando! Can't believe we have that quality up front. Larin, David, Davies, Buchanan, Hoilett, Millar, Cavalini. Then as backup we have Pasher, Akindele, Armanda, Ennin. Probably forget fews (could add Flores, Jebbison and Sali lol). What the fuck.

He was pretty darn good with Orlando too. He's still scored more goals for them than for any other club. He could very well surpass that total for Besiktas this season though. 

20 minutes ago, Scottie said:

Did you miss the first goal vs Panama?

No, I had a great view in 116. But the point still stands that we've been rough at corners. Between Panama and Jamaica we had 20 corners, and the one we scored on was an own goal after three tries in a minute

If we've had one area of play that needs significant improvement, its set pieces

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

No, I had a great view in 116. But the point still stands that we've been rough at corners. Between Panama and Jamaica we had 20 corners, and the one we scored on was an own goal after three tries in a minute

If we've had one area of play that needs significant improvement, its set pieces

Alphonso had 3 or 4 consecutive excellent set piece deliveries in that sequence. This stood out to me because most of our set piece deliveries in the previous matches had been so poor.