Cyle Larin

shermanator

On 8/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Turkish press saying that Beskitas rejected 6 million Euros for him from Marseille.  Want 10 million.  Seems risky in the last year and his stance of running it out.   But maybe they really want to make a run this year in Europe?

https://www.sporx.com/futbol/ekstra/cyle-larin-icin-ucuncu-retSXGLQ54495SXQ?sira=2

What's the relationship between transfer value and salary?  Besiktas want 10 million to transfer him, but don't think he is worth 2.25 million in salary.  Is 6-to-1 typical?

David still has the higher ceiling, but at times I feel he is a bit too passive. There's something about the way Larin plays now, with a determination and directness that he did not have before, and oh boy, is it paying off for us. Always rooted for Larin, and have been standing up for him since the day he skied that open netter against El Salvador, so I'm really glad to see him become the striker we all had hoped for him to become, a complete predator inside the box.

20 goals now for Larin! Just 2 behind DeRo for most for the CMNT all time! On the broadcast last night they mentioned he has scored in 7 of Canada's 8 World Cup Qualifiers now!

I know this is deceptive because, for example, teams like USA and Mexico have only played 2 games while we have played 8, and European teams have played around 5, etc, but Cyle Larin is the 2nd highest scorer in 2022 qualifying in the world!

image.png.e85a991a315001c657e432787f4e3d08.png

7 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

David still has the higher ceiling, but at times I feel he is a bit too passive. There's something about the way Larin plays now, with a determination and directness that he did not have before, and oh boy, is it paying off for us. Always rooted for Larin, and have been standing up for him since the day he skied that open netter against El Salvador, so I'm really glad to see him become the striker we all had hoped for him to become, a complete predator inside the box.

It’s because Larin has always been able to play a target/fox in the box striker, he’s just evolved his game to play from a wing position.

I love David, but the faster we convert him to a 10, the better we will be. He’s simply not a number 9 for me. 

Larin, Cavallini and Akinola are our guys to lead the line/battle with big CBS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Larin and Atiba are fine apparently... both went 45 mins

It’s good to see.  Seems like they could have probably come over to play, but it wasn’t a do or die type game (although going in felt like it) against Panama, so it wasn’t needed.  Stay back home and see you in November.  I’m sure they stayed up to watch the game.  They must have been so excited watching that 

Just now, scullion44 said:

Probably a foul

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to diminish his goal but it looked like he had that defender planted into the ground in a way that sometimes gets called.   

He also gave himself just enough of an advantage to get a clean header while not getting called. In the age of VAR that's perfectly executed.