Cyle Larin

shermanator

43 minutes ago, narduch said:

Seriously. Lets put this to bed.

He scored the crucial goal in the away match in Haiti. As of now that may be the biggest goal for us in WCQ since maybe 1996 or 1997.

Hopefully there will be more big goals to come.

12 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

No bitching about Larin allowed

Yes leave him alone he scored a goal and 3 field goals.

2 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Not in the mood of arguing about this as I've been following (fan) this team from the early 80's and am too excited about going to the Octo. Summer is my most favorite time of the year by far but I cannot wait for fall to arrive.

I don't even know what your argument is here unless its to unfairly trash Larin.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

2018 WCQ: vs. Dominica (x2), Honduras, El Salvador

2022 WCQ: vs. Bermuda (x3), Cayman Islands, Aruba, Haiti (x2)

11 in 16 total matches. 

Funny though, he has played in 3 Gold Cups and has yet to score a goal.

Here is hoping Larin if he plays in the Gold Cup next month, he continues this goal streak

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Apparently there has been offers from Italy and Germany, along with a surprise off from Canada (must be TFC):

Won’t happen for many reasons but he would be a great fit at TFC and would be awesome to see him playing in Toronto

edit; also seeing a lot of chatter that Besikstas is offering him another year.

Edited by Floortom

42 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Apparently there has been offers from Italy and Germany, along with a surprise off from Canada (must be TFC):

I wonder which Serie A clubs could be interested? I mean it would have to be either Napoli, Fiorentina, Parma, Lazio or Atalanta. But as far as German clubs in the Bundesliga Larin could fit in with: Bayern Leverkeusen, Paderborn, Koln, Werder Bremen or Borussia Monchengladbach. A surprise from Canada definitely has to be a Canadian MLS team so either it has to be TFC, Montreal Impact or Vancouver Whitecaps. 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

I wonder which Serie A clubs could be interested? I mean it would have to be either Napoli, Fiorentina, Parma, Lazio or Atalanta. But as far as German clubs in the Bundesliga Larin could fit in with: Bayern Leverkeusen, Paderborn, Koln, Werder Bremen or Borussia Monchengladbach. A surprise from Canada definitely has to be a Canadian MLS team so either it has to be TFC, Montreal Impact or Vancouver Whitecaps. 

Just naming random teams from Italy and Germany?

2 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Just naming random teams from Italy and Germany?

I know I am quoting you here, but I can honestly say that the condescending reaction TGAA gets after most of his posts from many posters on this forum is tiring. There is an ignore function if you feel the need. The guy is a fan, just like the rest of us, and he's not malicious.

Twenty years plus and our group still exists on the margins. I don't think we can afford a reputation of ostracizing well-intentioned supporters.

Edited by Varsity Tyler
grammar

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

I havent been able to find it on mobile

On my mobile, at the top of my screen on the right (next to the canada soccer news banner) I have 3 horizontal lines (settings).  Click that, then account, then ignored users.  Should be able to type in the user name there. 

I'd been coming to this forum for 15ish years and because of this very issue was thinking about stepping away for a bit until I became aware of this feature. 

Hope it helps.

Edited by Kusch to the Corner

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Toronto is the most likely MLS destination. They need a solution to Altidore and you couldn't get a better replacement. He is from the GTA, has MLS experience (2015 rookie of the year), and a Canadian international to boot. Toronto is likely the only team that would spend the sort of money required to pry him from Besiktas.

Not sure it would make sense for Larin however. The reason should be obvious. Big clubs in Europe are circling and his fallback is signing an extention with a Champions League participant. Football wise staying in Europe makes sense.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Toronto is the most likely MLS destination. They need a solution to Altidore and you couldn't get a better replacement. He is from the GTA, has MLS experience (2015 rookie of the year), and a Canadian international to boot. Toronto is likely the only team that would spend the sort of money required to pry him from Besiktas.

Not sure it would make sense for Larin however. The reason should be obvious. Big clubs in Europe are circling and his fallback is signing an extention with a Champions League participant. Football wise staying in Europe makes sense.

Yes it does make sense for him to stay in Europe and if he does leave Besiktas, then he should go to a European club that is a mainstay in Champions League football so on that I can agree with you. But if he does come back to MLS, then TFC in Toronto is actually a perfect landing spot so again you and I can agree on that, but only if he were to come back to MLS. Prefer him to stay in Europe though.

16 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Why would Paderborn fit for Larin? They're in the German second division. Both Parma and Koln were demoted this year too.