Cyle Larin

shermanator

On 5/8/2021 at 3:45 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

but Galatasaray will be better on tiebreaks (head-to-head goals scored).  

I'm not sure, but I may have been mistaken here.

Right now, both teams are now on 81 points

Head-to-head points are 3 each.

Head-to-head goal difference: Galatasaray won the last match 3-1 and the previous match was a 2-0 win for Beşiktaş, so 3 goals each.

Head-to-head goals scored: I don't understand how this wouldn't always be a tie given the previous two tiebreaks.

Goal difference: Beşiktaş are ahead by 2.

So on the final day, I guess, they just need to win their match and stay ahead on Goal difference overall?

17 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm not sure, but I may have been mistaken here.

Right now, both teams are now on 81 points

Head-to-head points are 3 each.

Head-to-head goal difference: Galatasaray won the last match 3-1 and the previous match was a 2-0 win for Beşiktaş, so 3 goals each.

Head-to-head goals scored: I don't understand how this wouldn't always be a tie given the previous two tiebreaks.

Goal difference: Beşiktaş are ahead by 2.

So on the final day, I guess, they just need to win their match and stay ahead on Goal difference overall?

Only way I could see the head-to-head goal difference giving a different result is if they count away goals, that would give it to Besiktas since the scored one at Galatasaray.  

20 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Last round of Turkey League

Halftime:

Goztepe 1:1 Besiktas

Galatasaray 0:1 Yeni Malatyaspor

Kayserispor 0:1 Fenerbache

If the scores keep the same in all matches, Larin and Hutchinson will win the Turkey league title.

I sure hope so for the simple reason that it will give Larin more attention from other clubs in Europe

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

3 minutes ago, ray said:

So Larin's multi goal game a few games back was the difference (goal difference) for the Turkish title?

The head-to-head results against Gala was a win each and 3-3 on goals but Besiktas had the advantage of 1 away goal. Not sure if was that or the overall GD that tilted it in their favour.

Exhibit A for why Larin should be a winger instead of a CF. He was struggling all game against 2 CB's, but once he moved to the left side, he drew a penalty. He needs space to exploit, and if he makes that move to EPL, they need to recognize this. He shouldn't make that move if they plan to use him as a depth striker.

Edited by PiedPilko

31 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Exhibit A for why Larin should be a winger instead of a CF. He was struggling all game against 2 CB's, but once he moved to the left side, he drew a penalty. He needs space to exploit, and if he makes that move to EPL, they need to recognize this. He shouldn't make that move if they plan to use him as a depth striker.

I have to wonder if he stays with Bekistas now after winning a league title