WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - In-Match Thread

Big_M

27 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

Seeing them celebrate the way they did makes me so happy. You can tell this group is special.

For an old timer like me following the national team  since the 1970’s seeing them celebrate like that brought some tears to my eyes , it’s been a long long time but finally we are in the final round !

I know it's early but think about this.....

We might get a little lucky here when it comes to playing the Central American teams. 

Most of those Central American countries will likely still have COVID restrictions in place. Not having to go to Honduras and Costa Rica with little to no crowd is YUGE!!! 

I'm so excited and can't wait to see how this team plays. 

Realistically, I feel we can take points--realistically--off of all the teams in the Ocho except for Mexico. (We might take a point off of them, but not realistically.) The US will also be damned tough, clearly. But there are points to be had in all the other ties. Won't be easy, clearly, but we should be in every match.

Well they made it through the preliminary rounds that felt like they were tailor made for Canada to make it through. They still had to make it tho so it was impressive to not slip up against minnows + Haiti

This game was very impressive save for the set pieces.

Wheeler sucks, he sounds like a complete amateur, where's Gerry Dobson?

Can't wait for the next round 😎

Edited by CUJO

3 minutes ago, ShaneC06 said:

I know it's early but think about this.....

We might get a little lucky here when it comes to playing the Central American teams. 

Most of those Central American countries will likely still have COVID restrictions in place. Not having to go to Honduras and Costa Rica with little to no crowd is YUGE!!! 

I'm so excited and can't wait to see how this team plays. 

I doubt it.  By January and March, anyone who wants a vaccination will be able to get one in all but the poorest countries.   I think both. If those countries will be as “normal” as the rest of the world at that point.  

Say what you like about Herdman, but I find it hard to believe that it is all smoke and mirrors at this point.  He has a knack for bringing people together and the guys looked just that.  A very cohesive team that seems to be enjoying every moment together.

Loved the smiles, anthem, work rate, celebrations, and end of game huddle.  Borjan had me grinning ear to ear at the end.

So proud of these guys.

Well done!  Well earned.

Cant wait for the Honduras Opener!!

10 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Realistically, I feel we can take points--realistically--off of all the teams in the Ocho except for Mexico. (We might take a point off of them, but not realistically.) The US will also be damned tough, clearly. But there are points to be had in all the other ties. Won't be easy, clearly, but we should be in every match.

Agree. We simply can't be that nervous and sloppy at the start of matches though. We will be punished and out of the game.

We have been a little like Liverpool relying on superior fitness to close games in the second half. I like that we are learning to manage games but we need to tighten up. 

Sky is the limit though. A great opportunity to chase those duals now ahead of the fall. 

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

If we are going to have to continue to suffer through these idiots, One Soccer should at least pay for some surgery so I don’t have to feel like I’m listening to a couple of 14 year olds with nasally, cracking voices.

One time in Australia, Sydney, Darling Harbour, I saw these two lasses at the hotel bar. I opted to forgo going back to my room and went to said bar and sat down, introduced myself and asked where they were from. They said Merseyside, England, visiting like I was. I fucked off with one of them to an after hours place. We made out a little later but she got cold feet when I tried to take her back to my room. If you figure this story out, you'll figure life out. Think about @ag futbol

57 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Why would we not play Corbeanu and cap-tie him forever.

He filed his one time switch already I believe since he played official youth matches with Romania previously. Anyhow, I don't think he's going back even if that wasn't a factor.

53 minutes ago, Ingham said:

Want to congratulate everyone here. I don't support the CanMNT, as I was born in Peru and identify as such. However, I was raised here and am happy to be a sympathizer. I too remember the days of being at Estonia's level and the lowest point which was the 8-1 to Honduras. Now this side is competitive and can give many sides a go.

Now to the final 8.

You should. If it makes you feel better, we'll be better than Peru in three years time.

9 minutes ago, Macksam said:

One time in Australia, Sydney, Darling Harbour, I saw these two lasses at the hotel bar. I opted to forgo going back to my room and went to said bar and sat down, introduced myself and asked where they were from. They said Merseyside, England, visiting like I was. I fucked off with one of them to an after hours place. We made out a little later but she got cold feet when I tried to take her back to my room. If you figure this story out, you'll figure life out. Think about @ag futbol

He filed his one time switch already I believe since he played official youth matches with Romania previously. Anyhow, I don't think he's going back even if that wasn't a factor.

You should. If it makes you feel better, we'll be better than Peru in three years time.

No, we could give Peru all they could handle right now. 

8 minutes ago, Macksam said:

One time in Australia, Sydney, Darling Harbour, I saw these two lasses at the hotel bar. I opted to forgo going back to my room and went to said bar and sat down, introduced myself and asked where they were from. They said Merseyside, England, visiting like I was. I fucked off with one of them to an after hours place. We made out a little later but she got cold feet when I tried to take her back to my room. 

Umm, you dont really look like Robben??  More like Jaap Stam??

25 minutes ago, CUJO said:

Wheeler sucks, he sounds like a complete amateur, where's Gerry Dobson?

Can't wait for the next round 😎

Gerry has been retired for years now.  

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

No, we could give Peru all they could handle right now. 

Once Gareca leaves, you can give us a proper game. However as of right now I'd be confident in beating any CONCACAF side.

Once this process ends we'll be back to our reality.

But this is no place to discuss that. If you want to continue DM me, but I politely disagree.