Stephen Eustaquio

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

This is where we stop faffing around with a 24 mans squad when most other teams have 28 or 30. At least call 25 with Steph the 25th incase he recovers in time. 

Gutted. A HUGE blow. 

An out of season Fraser or a largely untested Paton would be a worry. Teibert too. 

Absolutely gutted Priso isn't fit, this would have been his time. 

Priso isn't fit?

Anyhow, I take it we're going to utilize Mak, Oso and Hutch in mid then.

Just now, Stryker911 said:

Serious question. If you got the news that Eustaquio has covid and will miss the next 3 games, buuuttt he is transferring to Porto once he recovers are you happy or sad?

😭

If not Porto, some other big team would come calling in the next few weeks.  But we will never get these 3 games back.  

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Serious question. If you got the news that Eustaquio has covid and will miss the next 3 games, buuuttt he is transferring to Porto once he recovers are you happy or sad?

Happy for him. He deserves this and his child hood dream is probably coming true. I hope TFC get him when he's in his late twenties, after he's done his European adventure. 

Trying to stay positive here, I mean this has also gotta happen to the other nations as well right?  Hope it balances out and doesn't cost us qualification.  It was looking soo easy just a little while ago.  There will be nothing easy about this qualification, we are CANMNT, and this is the way it always is!  Exciting and nerve wracking until the end!

22 minutes ago, costarg said:

Trying to stay positive here, I mean this has also gotta happen to the other nations as well right?  Hope it balances out and doesn't cost us qualification.  It was looking soo easy just a little while ago.  There will be nothing easy about this qualification, we are CANMNT, and this is the way it always is!  Exciting and nerve wracking until the end!

You would think it would, but have there been any other players from other nations ruled out because of COVID? 

It's frustrating because its seems like we are the unluckiest country of all in qualifying.

Hope the gents can find a way to fight through the adversity and earned us some points!

The loss of Eustaquio especially hurts because it might mean we’re stuck with a 2 man midfield. With Hutchinson and Hoilett coming off injuries, plus Kaye, Piette and Osorio out of season. 

Can’t believe I’m saying this but we may want to call Teibert. I think he could do a job in match 3 as his fitness has always been his main attribute. 

Well there you go, keep the camps small, just the core group for team bonding and ipso facto we are fucked!  OOPS, Davies, Eustaq out. And someone like Tiebert or Fraser might have to play a big part in the window.  Ugghhhh, is Hoilett ready to go?  Hutchinson is coming off an injury, the MLS guys all have turkey bellies from off season X-mas feasts. I knew all you guys talking about tickets for Qatar were going to jinx us!   

40 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

It's frustrating because its seems like we are the unluckiest country of all in qualifying.

Completely disagree, I would say with the hex turning into the octo, limited missing players to date, etc we have been the luckiest country of any of the last 8.  This would be the first window I think we have got unlucky.

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well there you go, keep the camps small, just the core group for team bonding and ipso facto we are fucked!  OOPS, Davies, Eustaq out. And someone like Tiebert or Fraser might have to play a big part in the window.  Ugghhhh, is Hoilett ready to go?  Hutchinson is coming off an injury, the MLS guys all have turkey bellies from off season X-mas feasts. I knew all you guys talking about tickets for Qatar were going to jinx us!   

I never thought we were even close to qualifying even after beating Mexico and Costa Rica and being in first . Yes we beat Mexico finally and tied them in Mexico and tied the US away in the US . However, still have Panama just behind us , have to go into Honduras and even El Salvador, Panama and go into Costa Rica all away games in Central America. When was the last time Canada won or even tied a World Cup qualifying game in Central America ? This is so far from over that even fourth place is not even close to be assured.  That Honduras game is so crucial on Thursday, however , history is not on our side unfortunately and this worries me especially one like me who is a pessimist.

Edited by SoccMan

21 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

When was the last time Canada won or even tied a World Cup qualifying game in Central America ?

Good question.

November 17, 2015.  0-0 draw in El Salvador.  Backline of De Jong, Jakovic, Ouimette and Straith.  Midfield of De Guzman (who just finished a season with the Ottawa Fury), Hutch and Johnson.  Hoilett, Ricketts and Larin.  The glory days of Floro ball. 

After that, we had a 2-0 loss in Mexico and a 2-1 loss in Honduras.  That is the last time we've played in Central America.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Good question.

November 17, 2015.  0-0 draw in El Salvador.  Backline of De Jong, Jakovic, Ouimette and Straith.  Midfield of De Guzman (who just finished a season with the Ottawa Fury), Hutch and Johnson.  Hoilett, Ricketts and Larin.  The glory days of Floro ball. 

After that, we had a 2-0 loss in Mexico and a 2-1 loss in Honduras.  That is the last time we've played in Central America.

I remember that 0-0 draw was brutal because ES was running a B team because their first team was on strike.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Good question.

Last win: November 2004 in a wcq vs Guatemala that meant nothing because we were already eliminated from Germany.