Stephen Eustaquio

21 minutes ago, frmr said:

I thought it was only going to be an option to buy? Premature to say goodbye if it's only an option, no?

Here's the Google translation of his post - sounds pretty goodbye-ish to me: "It was two years of Paços to the chest. Two years where I never hid the pride I had in representing this club… whether in Portugal, in the Conference League or in the Concacaf region. I leave with the feeling of accomplishment and with friendships that I know will last forever. And that's what I'm going to cling to. Thank you @fcpacosdeferreira, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to have represented this club."

Edited by GasPed

5 minutes ago, Big_M said:

looks like they play mostly in a 442 with vitinha and uribe the main two in central midfield so might be coming in to be a backup option

Yeah, I'd love to see him get a spot in the team but Vitinha is in the form of his life and Uribe has been a mainstay for a few years now. There's also Grujic who's been dealing with injuries this year but has had good performances and Otavio who can always slot in the midfield.

Definitely some competition but he'll get his opportunities 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

conspiracy theory:

Porto and Eustaquio faked the positive test news to afford time for him to sign the contract before the international window.

Watch him now rejoin our squad and start on Thursday :)

Doesn't seem sick on his story, could be 🤣

5 hours ago, imoffside said:

So he's included in our squad for the upcoming matches. Hopefully can at least suit up for 2/3 games

I wrote this in the other thread but might as well put it here too

Doing some research on this and I noticed that El Salvador no longer requires any COVID related tests / evidence to enter the country.

After 7 days from positive test date, Eustaquio should be able to leave Portugal (that would be either the coming Saturday or Sunday) and fly to El Salvador. He would not be able to enter Canada until 11 days after the test - so he's ruled out vs the US I think

So in summary, assuming no health issues he should be available for El Salvador and could even arrive the day before the rest of the squad and start training a bit. He will not be available before that though. 

EDIT: One thing I missed in my post is if Stephen can produce a negative test he can enter Canada. The likelihood of producing a negative test within one week of being positive is kinda low but not impossible.  The positive test would have allowed him to enter Canada but again that can only be 11 days after the test date. 

So he is not "ruled out" vs the US. Just seems to be pretty unlikely. 

Edited by Floortom