Stephen Eustaquio

We had heard he was supposed to fly out after this Friday match. We then assumed it would be Saturday morning. But perhaps what happened was that he did a test and it came out positive, so could not fly. Otherwise, he might have been travelling already, if he'd done the text in the 72 hours previous to flying. 

Again, it is all about the other guys stepping up. 

There is no other mid to call up as a clear coverage, but if you had to pick one, I'd say R Teibert.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

23 minutes ago, Floortom said:

People talking about Arfield - he’s been inured for a month now and hasn’t even been training with the club. Even if he reversed his retirement he still wouldn’t be able to play 

My comment about calling him was in jest, he is done with us!

Portugal isolation requirements are 7 days after the date of the positive test (assuming mild or no symptoms).

Since he tested yesterday, that would be plenty of time for him to be availiable for El Salvador (he could fly direct to El Salvador on Sunday).

I'm sure a lot of other things are going into this decision (including his Porto transfer) though

57 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

It's not worse than losing Davies, but it's terrible none the less.

Beg to disagree. He's not better than Davies but we have far less good depth in the midfield than wing. And no one else game changing like Eustaquio. 

This is where we stop faffing around with a 24 mans squad when most other teams have 28 or 30. At least call 25 with Steph the 25th incase he recovers in time. 

Gutted. A HUGE blow. 

An out of season Fraser or a largely untested Paton would be a worry. Teibert too. 

Absolutely gutted Priso isn't fit, this would have been his time.