Stephen Eustaquio

50 minutes ago, Corazon said:

As alluded to above, the contract extension for Conceicao was only valid under the President Pinto da Costa.  Now that Villas-Boas has won, he can terminate Conceicao’s extension and bring in a new manager if he chooses.  He may just keep Conceicao anyways.

A few months back, Villa-Boas openly supported Conceiçao. I don't think he can continue to do so after this season, since the fans who voted him in are basically against the current coach and model. 

If they opt for a new coach (Mourinho is free, but I don't know who V-B supports), he'll likely assess the roster and give players a chance in pre-season. I am not so convinced a new coach would push Steph out.

I see 28,000 club members voted. It is similar to the voting block at Sporting Lisbon. 

At Barça, last election, 110,000 club members voted.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Saw that too, yesterday. Not sure if his agent is Jorge Mendes but it suggests he's getting his name out because he won't be re-hired.

This would be an example of failing upwards

1 minute ago, narduch said:

This would be an example of failing upwards

I guess you'd have to take his many years of success. And the supposition that his roster wasn't up to par this year. 

I was thinking, comparing, that Lille collapsing 2nd half last night has to especially hurt Fonseca's reputation, and he's another who might fall upwards regardless.

28 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Glad to see it, and thanks for finding those. 

I see they've hired Zubizaretta the legendary Barça keeper as the sporting director at Porto. 

He's very soft spoken and even keel, he was with Villa-Boas at Marseille. He does not tend to be partial, or histrionic, and I think Stephen will get his chance, in function of who they choose to coach them for next season.