Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Yeah, you're probably right.  I've just seen how they get carried away on twitter and hope this flies under the radar.

I think we're pretty safe. This is emerging literally on game day. I am sure the boys are dialed in right now and will be until the final whistle on game 3. 

Both Hutchinson and Larin are back in Turkey.

Larin is in the squad for today's Beşiktaş match. Hutchinson is not.

Apparently he returned from WCQs "in pain" and the coach doesn't wish to risk him. No specific injury is mentioned.

http://www.fanatik.com.tr/amp/besiktasta-onder-karaveliden-milli-ayar-2265089

I hope it is something small and he is feeling better by Thursday and gets to play in the Turkish Cup match.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Saw a stat on twitter today that the Besiktas player with the longest distance covered today was none other than Atiba Hutchinson.

11.5km at 39… A true marvel of Canadian athletics. With a start at the World Cup, he would cement his place on the Mt Rushmore for Canadian athletes for me. We are so lucky to have him, and he is criminally undervalued by so many in this country. Not sure what we could do to raise his notoriety in Canada before he stops playing but he deserves it. Grand stand in BMO? Street in Brampton? Feature on the National?

21 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Saw a stat on twitter today that the Besiktas player with the longest distance covered today was none other than Atiba Hutchinson.

11.5km at 39… A true marvel of Canadian athletics. With a start at the World Cup, he would cement his place on the Mt Rushmore for Canadian athletes for me. We are so lucky to have him, and he is criminally undervalued by so many in this country. Not sure what we could do to raise his notoriety in Canada before he stops playing but he deserves it. Grand stand in BMO? Street in Brampton? Feature on the National?

Order of Canada?   More than a few athletes have been recipients… not many who can say they’ve answered the call for their country for almost 2 decades , apart from Sinclair

Edited by cornerkick

21 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

That moment too when they clinch.  I can’t imagine the emotions that he’ll go through having a dream I’m sure he’s thought would never happen come to fruition. The World Cup is the pinnacle of a career in my opinion.  Whether the clinch happens in Costa Rica or home to Jamaica, what an atmosphere it will be 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:23 PM, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

You've got me thinking about who would make my Mt Rushmore of Canadian athletes. I love Atiba but he wouldn't make it for me. If Terry Fox counts (which I think he does) I probably have Wayne Gretzky, Terry Fox, and Christine Sinclair as absolute locks. I'm not sure who to give the 4th spot to though. Hopefully in 15 or 20 years I can say Alphonso Davies, but it's too early for him right now. Probably one of Donovan Bailey, Steve Nash, Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Orr, Haley Wickenheiser, Cindy Klassen, Clara Hughes, or someone I am forgetting.

29 minutes ago, Kent said:

You've got me thinking about who would make my Mt Rushmore of Canadian athletes. I love Atiba but he wouldn't make it for me. If Terry Fox counts (which I think he does) I probably have Wayne Gretzky, Terry Fox, and Christine Sinclair as absolute locks. I'm not sure who to give the 4th spot to though. Hopefully in 15 or 20 years I can say Alphonso Davies, but it's too early for him right now. Probably one of Donovan Bailey, Steve Nash, Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux, Bobby Orr, Haley Wickenheiser, Cindy Klassen, Clara Hughes, or someone I am forgetting.

Lionel Conacher..

42 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Lionel Conacher..

Yeah, he came to mind, in the end I decided since it's my own list I can use recency bias to leave him off, since I've never seen him in action. Same thing with Ferguson Jenkins, who I saw on every list when I did a quick google to see who I might be forgetting. I did consider Larry Walker at one point, and Jacques Villeneuve.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

The Hockey Sweater: Carrier, Roch, Cohen, Sheldon, Fischman, Sheila:  9780735268685: Books - Amazon.ca

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yeah, he came to mind, in the end I decided since it's my own list I can use recency bias to leave him off, since I've never seen him in action. Same thing with Ferguson Jenkins, who I saw on every list when I did a quick google to see who I might be forgetting. I did consider Larry Walker at one point, and Jacques Villeneuve.

I suppose you can consider Daniel Negreanu too then. /s 

Gotta be Gretzky, Sinclair, Nash and Fox. 

• 3 weeks later...