Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

Man. Mixed feelings on this. It would be great to be able to watch him play more regularly but it would suck big time not to be able to watch him in the CL. He's reached his development height but I'd be worried about a quicker downturn if he does move.

I don't see how it's possible to sign him as a non DP considering what Hutch is making. What is the league max before he would become a DP? My understanding is it's in the $350K range for a full season and $150K for joining mid season.

You would have to be a fool not wanting Atiba as part of your team regardless if it was Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton or Ottawa. Obviously cost is one of the biggest factors concerning a move like this to Canada. Insert him into the midfield of any of these teams and he is instantly the best mid on the team. 

Because we're CMNT fans first, TFC second. Hutch is an important player for Canada and we need him to be playing at the highest level possible. That, and TFC are always a day away from the latest shit-show and I don't want any of our top players in an unstable environment.

I don't know if you are referring to my comment shamrock - but what I meant was that Hutchinson would normally rule out a non-DP contract (I would guess)...BUT perhaps his desire to land a multi year deal would see him consider a non-DP contract.

Edited by Obinna

Because we're CMNT fans first, TFC second. Hutch is an important player for Canada and we need him to be playing at the highest level possible. That, and TFC are always a day away from the latest shit-show and I don't want any of our top players in an unstable environment.

+1 .... I am also a country over club kinda guy.

From a football perspective, I think the cons outweigh the pros on this one. I believe he can still land a contract with a Europa or CL team, which would be a higher level. As our best player I want him playing at the highest level.

Amen!

Exactly!

Nobody is suggesting any of this is legitimate - I actually made it clear from the get go that I have no clue how reliable this report is.

Regardless, something to speculate about is better than nothing. Haven't heard anything since the Feyenoord and Twente rumors...

Maybe it's possible that Hutch wants to come home?  

I personally believe Hutch will eventually play for TFC some time in the future.   Rather be this year or next year, he will end his career as TFC player.   

Just had a child so it certainly possible. Where does he play though? Cheyrou and Bradley occupy the two holding roles. Do they play 3 in the middle and take turns attacking? Putting him at RB would be a waste but it would shore up a problem spot...

A three-man midfield with Bradley, Cheyrou and Hutchinson would easily be the best midfield trio in MLS, perhaps CONCACAF