Jonathan David

Vince193

8 hours ago, masster said:

He needs to be better for us, plain and simple.

I assume this was his is first match at altitude.

Many of the other guys in the squad have played in Denver or have played in Mexico.

I assume even Davies played in Denver or in Mexico before his move to Bayern.

----

Everybody reacts differently - sometimes dramatically so.

His first touch has been a problem for a while. The expectations on him are rightfully high, and he didn't have a great match. He even seemed out of sync with his pressing, which is weird. No matter how he is playing offensively, his pressing is always smart and on point. There seemed to be lots of miscommunication with him and Davies, not sure who was missing their assignment.

Is he being so completely misused that he also plays like shit? I can't remember the last national team appearance he looked like himself. I thought he was going to turn the tide for us. If he could have created one or even two goals in the Ocho so far, we'd be in a vastly different position. I don't think it should be unreasonable to suggest he do so, but he looks nowhere close.

David has actually done a good job pressuring up high, helping with the press, forcing errors. He also settled a bit 2nd half in Kingston and did some playmaking. We have not seen, however, Jonathan David linking well with teammates in a long time. Even Larin is better. So all this business about him not getting service at Lille--well it may not be a problem with The Help. 

I hope we see Junior-Tajon up high vs. Panama, or Tajon-Millar, say if Junior is not yet ready, just to let David settle a bit and rue. Then come on for another half hour to help out.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:07 PM, El Diego said:

His first touch has been a problem for a while. The expectations on him are rightfully high, and he didn't have a great match. He even seemed out of sync with his pressing, which is weird. No matter how he is playing offensively, his pressing is always smart and on point. There seemed to be lots of miscommunication with him and Davies, not sure who was missing their assignment.

Are his first touches shit or are 90% of the balls from the midfield that he gets (normally Kaye) sent towards him with a rocket launcher? lol

Him and Davies have always looked.... off together, even against the smaller nations. They've obviously made some nice plays, but there's always been miscommunication between the two. I think I would prefer a second striker on Davies side and David on the side with Tajon/Hoilett/Millar.

Edited by Hawkguy

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Damn that is a blunt assessment.  

Why is this such a taboo subject?  I'm not talking about body image or appearance.  Body fat % is hugely important in this sport.  Atiba is 38 and still quick and nimble because there is not a speck of fat on his frame.

Just a couple of years ago, David was able to beat defenders for pace and run away from them.  He can't do that anymore.  The only thing that's changed is the weight.

This is a problem for Piette as well.  Think of all the additional ground he could cover if he slimmed down like Kaye, Eustaquio, Hutch, or Osorio.

I have a question:

David has had a half break through oppertunity near the box corner yesterday vs Jamaica in first half.  Why he didn't cut in and shot while he already gained enough speed moving forward?  If it were Phonzie or any other striker, they would definitely do so. Why? 1. You have a chance to score. 2. You have a chance to make a penalty. David chose a counter move. That move is typically for a pass to his supporting teammate. But nobody is around him at the moment.  

Is David lack of confident in his speed or just a bad decision? 

BMI is to blame? 

No offence, just curious.

Edited by lamptern