Jonathan David

Vince193

I'm not a big excuse guy and knowing David he'd be the last to make one but let's look at the bigger picture:

Sunday in France goes a full 90 and scores 2 goals. 

Then 18 + hours travel time and 7 time zones later he starts to settle at altitude. 

Thursday goes 80+mins vs Mexico and I felt he went to the well. Felt he pressed well but admit not his best game. 

Travel from altitude to 35C heat and humidity. 

Sunday wasn't expected to play the role or the mins he did, but he did, and goes 80+ mins.   

The logistics above are pretty much why some Jamaicans including Antonio didn't even show up this window. David has always answered the call and will find his feet. I'm assuming Lille fans are not impressed with the usage of their star player. 

David is class, he showed it vs El Salvador for us as well as the due or die matches vs Haiti and Suriname.

Let's hope he recovers well and puts in a great shift on Wednesday, I'm confident he will.

1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

I'm not a big excuse guy and knowing David he'd be the last to make one but let's look at the bigger picture:

Sunday in France goes a full 90 and scores 2 goals. 

Then 18 + hours travel time and 7 time zones later he starts to settle at altitude. 

Thursday goes 80+mins vs Mexico and I felt he went to the well. Felt he pressed well but admit not his best game. 

Travel from altitude to 35C heat and humidity. 

Sunday wasn't expected to play the role or the mins he did, but he did, and goes 80+ mins.   

The logistics above are pretty much why some Jamaicans including Antonio didn't even show up this window. David has always answered the call and will find his feet. I'm assuming Lille fans are not impressed with the usage of their star player. 

David is class, he showed it vs El Salvador for us as well as the due or die matches vs Haiti and Suriname.

Let's hope he recovers well and puts in a great shift on Wednesday, I'm confident he will.

Sums up my thoughts. David looks tired. Long term I am not worried about him not giving us more, but short term we need him to step it up for us, tired or not. 

Back at home with a few days off now. I think we see more from him against Panama.

6 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

They're saving him for Wednesday. 

And no, he's fine there until they sell him. Champions League experience is pretty big for him. 

Fair, didn't know the had CL this week. But I stand by the get out of Lille in January part. Not sure what you meant by till they sell him but I feel like we are saying the same thing

Just now, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Fair, didn't know the had CL this week. But I stand by the get out of Lille in January part. Not sure what you meant by till they sell him but I feel like we are saying the same thing

I doubt we see him move in January. Unless a club he’s been linked with has an injury emergency. I personally don’t care how Lille do, as long as David keeps scoring. If he continues his strike rate he’ll be gone in the summer for sure. Mind you, when David scores, Lille win, so I guess I do care how Lille does in a roundabout way.

Just now, frmr said:

I doubt we see him move in January. Unless a club he’s been linked with has an injury emergency. I personally don’t care how Lille do, as long as David keeps scoring. If he continues his strike rate he’ll be gone in the summer for sure. Mind you, when David scores, Lille win, so I guess I do care how Lille does in a roundabout way.

Fair, I digress for the time being. Don't want to seem like a USMNT fan after one loss and burn the place to a crisp 😳