Jonathan David

Vince193

David had a very good game overall. I think it was his best goal yet for Lille in terms of skill and in addition he made many great passes to set up his team mates. Yilmaz from last season would have buried one. Not sure why David has not been at his best for Canada recently but this was a very promising performance.

Edited by lowlander

So he's still ahead of the PSG trident I guess, as they just ended scoreless vs. OM.

Watched part of 2nd half, they had ten men but still, very tame even with Ney, Mbappe and Leo, they are ripe for the picking. Not winning yesterday means Lille does not close the gap.

But as I say, I think PSG looks soft and it's a matter of someone mounting a challenge and getting some wins.

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So he's still ahead of the PSG trident I guess, as they just ended scoreless vs. OM.

Watched part of 2nd half, they had ten men but still, very tame even with Ney, Mbappe and Leo, they are ripe for the picking. Not winning yesterday means Lille does not close the gap.

But as I say, I think PSG looks soft and it's a matter of someone mounting a challenge and getting some wins.

If Yilmaz was the same player as last year Lille would be right back to near the top of table. He looks done though and Lille doesn’t seem to have anyone else outside of David that can score 

9 hours ago, Floortom said:

If Yilmaz was the same player as last year Lille would be right back to near the top of table. He looks done though and Lille doesn’t seem to have anyone else outside of David that can score 

Not beating Brest or Clermont-Ferrand you are not going anywhere. At least they are holding up better on defense, like last year. Maybe the coach is trying to work on defensive structure now, hoping the attack will start sorting things out. But they are such a wasteful team attacking, considering the names they have. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist