Jonathan David

Vince193

18 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Tbf, I feel like that particular stat says more about Lille's difficulty scoring than it does about David having a good year. But nonetheless, David's output this year has been great to see

Than only consider the first stat. It's still impressive that Lewandowski, Salah, Benzema, Haaland, Immobile, and Schick are the only players ahead of him.

It's hugely impressive. David is currently amongst Europe's super-elite. And aside from Haaland, he is the only young player there. Absolutely mind-blowing when you think about it. If he continues this form there is absolutely no way in hell he doesn't move to a big club in the summer. His transfer value is going to be going up as well though, and lots of clubs will be priced out.

1 minute ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Isn't Jimenez a #9?  I know he's still fighting to regain form, but he ain't too shabby.  

Nobody on the US squad is better than David at the moment.  Honduras? Nope. Costa Rica? Fuggetaboutit. The rest: Nuh-uh.  

Better question: Is Eustaquio better than Adams?

Michail Antonio.

11 hours ago, RS said:

Michail Antonio.

Hopefully continues to be very busy domestically (like his team beating Man City today/tonight) and the results will continue to dishearten the UK-Jamaica contiguent. 

But if you consider him CONCACAF and you take into consideration my obvious bias, I would say he provides more overall than David at this point.  Even islolated against a some of the best teams in the world, his impact can be huge.  

Important to remember for us Canadians, Antonio has a 10 year head start. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Would still take Antonio and Jimenez at this point - the luck dragons are starting to turn for Raul over the past couple of gameweeks he's been fantastic all season.

But the fact that there's fair arguments for David over two good/very good PL strikers who are both almost 10 years his senior is pretty nice.

8 hours ago, theaub said:

Would still take Antonio and Jimenez at this point - the luck dragons are starting to turn for Raul over the past couple of gameweeks he's been fantastic all season.

But the fact that there's fair arguments for David over two good/very good PL strikers who are both almost 10 years his senior is pretty nice.

Is Larin in the conversation? Maybe in the conversation for top-5 or top-10 in CONCACAF?

3 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Is Larin in the conversation? Maybe in the conversation for top-5 or top-10 in CONCACAF?

Are we talking strikers? He's probably fourth after Antonio, Jimenez and David (whatever order you prefer of those three).

If the ranking is for wide attackers (where he plays for Besiktas), he's likely also fourth after Davies, Pulisic and Lozano. Although Pulisic's inability to stay healthy works against him.

6 minutes ago, RS said:

If the ranking is for wide attackers (where he plays for Besiktas), he's likely also fourth after Davies, Pulisic and Lozano. Although Pulisic's inability to stay healthy works against him.

I gotta believe Tajon is in that conversation too.