Jonathan David

Vince193

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

And is it just me, or is Lille playing a lot more attractive footy in the last little while.  I don’t know if I am just confused, but it seems like the coaching change has them making a lot more passes in the final third than last year.   

Timothy Weah is actually pretty fun to watch they seem to be much more dynamic when he's running around.

As much as I liked him scoring that second goal I kind of wish that they had taken him off the 70 minute mark so he could’ve had 25 minutes more of rest ahead of Thursday. He went down at one point with an apparent injury but immediately sprung into action off the ground when he realized Lille had the ball back and were charging up the field with it. He probably gave Herdman a heart attack with that fake injury! 😏

Still, great that he is in form going into this next window.

18 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

As much as I liked him scoring that second goal I kind of wish that they had taken him off the 70 minute mark so he could’ve had 25 minutes more of rest ahead of Thursday. He went down at one point with an apparent injury but immediately sprung into action off the ground when he realized Lille had the ball back and were charging up the field with it. He probably gave Herdman a heart attack with that fake injury! 😏

Still, great that he is in form going into this next window.

I thought the same but he seemed to really be conserving himself at the end there anyhow. Aside from his run for the goal it seemed like he was doing a lot of jogging/walking.

2 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Lille should have cashed in on Bamba or Ikone and used the cash to bolster midfield and let Weah start.

Not sure if there was much of a market for them. It seemed like someone was trying to drum up interest for Ikone with the Liverpool rumours and no one bit.

12 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Well, once again, if Marseille have to lose... that might as well be the way.

Funny, I am also an Olympique fan as an anti-PSG die-hard (the only other team I like is St Etiénne, would love to go see them) and would much prefer for them to win. 

Feel the same --opposite--about Bayern: very pleased they lost today. 

Since I did not have a team in Turkey, Besiktas--fine by me.

Arsenal links coming out today. I would have to think that David would probably prefer Arsenal over Liverpool, as he’s said in the past he didn’t like Liverpool and used to idolize Henry and I think I remember him saying his dad was a gunners fan. Although if he wants to win, Arsenal is one of the last places he should want to go. Personally I would much rather live in London than Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

All this Liverpool chatter.... Man City are the ones that really need a striker. Just saying. 

Yeah but they don’t need to moneyball players like David. They’ll go after Haaland or Kane if they don’t think he’s past it next year. Pep can also win without a 9.