Jonathan David

Vince193

3 hours ago, admin said:

The way forward though, is for this to be a country people want to play for and our job is to do that in the stands not advocating we cap tie people out of desperate insecurity. 

I think most people are suggesting he should be called to the national team because of merit though - who else is scoring 5 goals in 67 minutes at a decent level in Europe at the age of 18? If we are calling 18 year old keepers with no pro/top flight European experience (and I'm not complaining that we are), why wouldn't we call in David for a Concacaf Nations League match against the USVI or Dominica?

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

I think most people are suggesting he should be called to the national team because of merit though - who else is scoring 5 goals in 67 minutes at a decent level in Europe at the age of 18? If we are calling 18 year old keepers with no pro/top flight European experience (and I'm not complaining that we are), why wouldn't we call in David for a Concacaf Nations League match against the USVI or Dominica?

Oh I totally agree, and was not calling out anyone posting it in this thread.  

It was more of a general post not really for this thread in particular. 

Pretty sure the youth movement will be underway within MNT starting game 1 nations league and David will be there. If Juventus has twittered already that Busti has been called for USVI Match I don’t think Gent will be too far behind and tweeting or announcing a David call up for the camp. 

I think there is a legit possibility we could 5+ youth players earn their first cap / become cap tied to us right off the bat and that’s exciting. Imagine if all these players were to get called and worked into the same match:

David

Millar

Cornelius

Busti

Brault-Guillard

Cordova

Tabla (gasp lol)

Godinho I believe is still recovering from injury but could be on the cap tie list here too if her was healthy. Hopefully soon. 

And tho he’s filed a switch already to play for MNT back in March, could also be first competitive match for Wotherspoon.

Exciting stuff.

I get that we may come across as a bit needy sometimes, but on the grand scale of Internet comments there are a lot worse things than having a bunch of people say really great things about you and desperately wanting you to be part of their team.  If that is our biggest crime when it comes to prospective players, I think we are in okay shape.

21 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

How is he not starting at Gent ?

talked to a Gent fan. He said he should be starting within the next few games.

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

talked to a Gent fan. He said he should be starting within the next few games.

The coach is trying to keep him grounded  but at this point you have to unleash him or it’ll be even worse.  Any other player from 20 to 45 would be starting if they put up those numbers so you’re sending a poor message continually protecting him.  Let him start.. wait for him to go cold and then bring him back down.

7 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The coach is trying to keep him grounded  but at this point you have to unleash him or it’ll be even worse.  Any other player from 20 to 45 would be starting if they put up those numbers so you’re sending a poor message continually protecting him.  Let him start.. wait for him to go cold and then bring him back down.

Can you imagine the panic on the V's board when David will have his first 90 min without a goal? 

"Would D2 Norway be a better league for him?"

"He should move to Grozny and play for their U21 team!"

" Would the CPL be a better option for him? "

6 minutes ago, aloyol said:

Can you imagine the panic on the V's board when David will have his first 90 min without a goal? 

"Would D2 Norway be a better league for him?"

"He should move to Grozny and play for their U21 team!"

" Would the CPL be a better option for him? "

No way he is going to continue at the rate is currently going...so everybody best expect a cool down....probably soon.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I am actually fine with how they are handling him. He is only 18 years old, afterall.

Not to take away from his stellar goal scoring rate, but there's more to consider than just his finishing ability, such as how he contributes to the team's overall play, etc.

Also, I favour the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach in this case. He is helping the team off the bench every game. Is it in the best interest of the team to change anything at this point?

The time will come, and soon, where he starts games, but there's no rush in my opinion.

I'd say they should keep riding his rich "off the bench" vein of form at this time.