Jonathan David

Vince193

http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=139189

Let me try and translate some:

It was the young attacker David who made the difference. "Of course, scoring goals is important and he does it well", says Louwagie. "He's a cold finisher (I really don't know how to translate koele kikker, literally cold frog) who finishes clinically, but we should't praise him too much. He's just 18 although he is a real talent and has proved that with two important goals for us."

The Canadian already scored against Zulte-Waregem. "He hasn't missed a single training is pre-season. That shows his physical strength even at 18. And he's got a nose for goals. He's cut out of the right wood" (Dutch phrase), said trainer Yves Vanderhaeghe then. 

Jonathan David came to AA Gent in Januar and has played with the second team. That gave him some time to get adjusted to European soccer. He still has a contract till mid 2019 with the Buffalos.

(not translating anymore) I think they'll want to offer him a new contract soon. 18 year olds scoring two goals in two games make eyes turn. 

14 hours ago, Ansem said:

What Millar has going for him is his versatility. He can play midfield as well.

So you could be looking at:

Striker: Cavallini, Larin, David

Midfield:Davies, Millar, Arfield, Hoillet, maybe Tabla, 

Not bad huh?

When it comes to Millar now hopefully he soon gets loaned somewhere where he is proving himself against men we know what he can do against guys around his own age, until then in my eyes does not start in a national team with everyone avalaible .

42 minutes ago, 1996 said:

When it comes to Millar now hopefully he soon gets loaned somewhere where he is proving himself against men we know what he can do against guys around his own age, until then in my eyes does not start in a national team with everyone avalaible .

He held is own pretty well again men in the New Zealand game. I read that Liverpool were going to send him on loan to Sunderland. I think a loan is being planned for him

Boy is he clinical on the finishes. Seems his weak foot isn't much of a weak foot either. 4 goals, 2 with each foot I believe. I'd be very surprised if he didn't get any playing time with Canada coming up in September. Match Highlights available at this link:

https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/belgisch-voetbal/jupiler-pro-league/video-drie-invalbeurten-vier-goals-18-jarige-canadees-helpt-aa-gent-aan-eerste-competitiezege~af167069/

Edited by tyler453