Jonathan David

Vince193

Why do people keep plugging Johnson in at RB??  The 2 times I watched him at RB he got completely skinned.  He is still a midfielder and we should stop grasping at straws plugging him into RB.  Hasnt Hutch probably played more RB than Johnson, if we are dead set in playing guys out of position?? 

Back on topic, David should get a call and get a super sub appearance this fall.  We have called 18 year olds before, Piette recently, and my favorite Jaimie Peters.  If you are good enough, you are old enough.  

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Why do people keep plugging Johnson in at RB??  The 2 times I watched him at RB he got completely skinned.  He is still a midfielder and we should stop grasping at straws plugging him into RB.  Hasnt Hutch probably played more RB than Johnson, if we are dead set in playing guys out of position?? 

Unless the opponents play a fast-paced winger like Davies, he can do the job. Of course it's not ideal but who else?

Apparently David's agent has received calls from Club Brugge and Anderlecht, the two largest clubs in Belgium, asking him to help them scout Canadian prospects in the future. Good to see that our prospects are now getting legitimate recognition from big clubs.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2018-08-14/anderlecht-en-club-brugge-schieten-in-actie-na-ontluiking-van-jonathan-david

3 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Compared to Doneil Henry they’re all a better option 

I just don't agree. A real rightback would be an upgrade, but the options you give aren't either. I know Henry IS the best defender of those players. I give you Cordova (assuming he keeps on getting minutes and progressing) but going into International games with either Aird or Petrasso is  not good enough. Both have failed at that position on the MLS level, let alone playing against Mexico or the US. 

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Why does no one even consider Eddie Edwards at RB?

He's had a solid career in North American div 2 leagues. For a position with little depth he's an option, but CanMNT level is at least MLS. He hasn't really shown that he can play a level above NASL/USL.

He should be given the chance, but, since the CanMNT isn't playing games, no player is getting opportunities.

1 hour ago, Red and White said:

He's had a solid career in North American div 2 leagues. For a position with little depth he's an option, but CanMNT level is at least MLS. He hasn't really shown that he can play a level above NASL/USL.

He should be given the chance, but, since the CanMNT isn't playing games, no player is getting opportunities.

I agree but I’d rather EE who’s playing regularly at a decent level than guys playing out of position or guys who are barely playing.

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Why does no one even consider Eddie Edwards at RB?

There was a push several years ago on here for him to get a shot, when he was having stellar years with FCE/NASL and was in his mid 20's.  Now he is almost 30 and everyone is looking for younger options with an eye on 2022.  

30 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

There was a push several years ago on here for him to get a shot, when he was having stellar years with FCE/NASL and was in his mid 20's.  Now he is almost 30 and everyone is looking for younger options with an eye on 2022.  

I remember that but we don’t have any young RBs who have been playing regularly for more than a few months and we have important games coming up.