Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Who else would you play?  Boy thats the comeback to a lot of shitty posts today.  Miller and Vittoria got burnt playing a high line against a world class team and stiker....hmmm who should we have played then?? Randy Samuel wansnt sitting on the bench.  

Borjan had a fuck up and maybe one he might have had if he was on fire....hmmmm who would we put in that never gives up a soft one or has a brain freeze once in a while???  Craig Forrest where are you???

Lots of whining about performances but nobody on here would have had the guts to start Cornelius and St Clair, nor did they deserve to start over the others. 

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I've seen some criticism of Miller today, but thought he had a great game. Who else would you play?

I think he started a little rough today, but overall he played a good game.

I said this before, he isn't very skilled and he's slow. His heart is what makes him a good player. I don't believe he will ever be great though.

1 hour ago, SoCalTransport said:

I think he started a little rough today, but overall he played a good game.

I said this before, he isn't very skilled and he's slow. His heart is what makes him a good player. I don't believe he will ever be great though.

I agree, our lack off depth is really showing, and as we know CB is the most dire.   With Kennedy and Henry injured we really had no one else.  Given his limitations he put in a warrior performance through qualifying and the world cup.    He will have a great career at the MLS level and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Going forward, JH has to give Kennedy & Cornelius an opportunity. Kennedy is much faster and has better aerial defense and Derek was a regular starter for us. I don't recall him putting a foot wrong in any of the games he played including  v Jamaica in WCQ, Olympic qualifiers, GC 2019 and v USA at BMO.  Playing keeper and CB is unforgiving and getting beat for speed on a long ball pass, in 3 out 4 games, regardless of the accuracy, is not a good look. I get WC is not the time to experiment, but there should have been rotation at some point during WCQ especially in our last game v Panama.

39 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Going forward, JH has to give Kennedy & Cornelius an opportunity. Kennedy is much faster and has better aerial defense and Derek was a regular starter for us. I don't recall him putting a foot wrong in any of the games he played including  v Jamaica in WCQ, Olympic qualifiers, GC 2019 and v USA at BMO.  Playing keeper and CB is unforgiving and getting beat for speed on a long ball pass, in 3 out 4 games, regardless of the accuracy, is not a good look. I get WC is not the time to experiment, but there should have been rotation at some point during WCQ especially in our last game v Panama.

I imagine Cornelius will start getting more minutes soon. Also I don't think Kennedy is actually out for too long so he could return in March.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

He will have a great career at the MLS level and there is nothing wrong with that.

I thought he had a really good second half, especially defending against a Moroccan on the dribble 1 v 1:  disciplined and didn't dive in for the "hero" slide challenge to help stop the play.  He also outmuscled the striker a couple of times.  It reminded me of Andrew Farrell, another NCAA guy who has logged over 300 matches with NER, both players with similar skillsets

Edited by BearcatSA

Alistair Johnston also had rumored interest from Bolonga, according to some Celtic FC Youtubers covering his transfer. They mentioned the Saputo link to Bolonga. Clearly he is not going there, but it makes me question whether Kamal could be. Anyone rumours out there, I wonder? He's been as much of a mainstay as Johnston in the Canada side and the Montreal side. Any Bolonga or Serie A fans with an opinion on this possibility? Would be a shame if he never gained enough traction to earn a move.

The other places which jump to mind are mid-table France or a big 6 club in Belgium (Gent, Genk, Anderlecht, Brugge, Antwerp or Standard). Anything else in Belgium would be lateral at best. 

7 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Aside from a few notable exceptions, I have been impressed with Miller’s passing out of the back. I can recall a couple of times that he surprised me with successful longer line-breaking passes out of the back that definitely were not the ‘safe’ pass that he could have made. 

I thought he did alright.  Better than alright.

He and Steve were left to the wolves, to my eye anyway, and both men performed admirably.  

They were brave, accepted the risks in being so, and came out of it all on the positive side of the ledger.  Not perfect, no bloody way, you never will be.  But that's a defender's lot, hopefully choosing the lesser evil as it were.  But I think he did a pretty good job all accounted for.

And that includes helping out in the forward movements when the opportunities availed themselves.

17 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Couldn't agree more. One of the hardest working players on the team but I do not believe he is deserving of a lock position moving forward. Cornelius has been fine in Greece and Kennedy imo is on same level as Kamal. Too many big errors in my opinion. Not sure he will get the big move in a top 5 league like we are hoping for. 

5 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I thought he did alright.  Better than alright.

He and Steve were left to the wolves, to my eye anyway, and both men performed admirably.  

They were brave, accepted the risks in being so, and came out of it all on the positive side of the ledger.  Not perfect, no bloody way, you never will be.  But that's a defender's lot, hopefully choosing the lesser evil as it were.  But I think he did a pretty good job all accounted for.

And that includes helping out in the forward movements when the opportunities availed themselves.

Yes and no, unfortunately for me.  

We went for it which does put strain on defenders and in many aspects they did very well. 

However, with a few crucial balls over the top they were found lacking.  In Miller's case if you are a smaller centre back in your prime, you need better speed and/or awareness in dealing with a basic long ball, at least at a high level.

In my opinion.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

If you needed analytics to see he had a good tournament then you're a dough head. Was probably considered our weakest link going in but thought he put himself in to the thick of things at every turn

hopefully he signs in Europe and joins the mtl exodus

Does anybody know if there is training which can help an athlete increase their pace through adjustment of stride or running technique? Hockey players can do this with skating so I wonder if such a thing exists for soccer. Miller could benefit perhaps.

I watched some of the USA-Netherlands match today, and I notice just how fast the defenders were, particularly the Dutch.

9 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Does anybody know if there is training which can help an athlete increase their pace through adjustment of stride or running technique? Hockey players can do this with skating so I wonder if such a thing exists for soccer. Miller could benefit perhaps.

I watched some of the USA-Netherlands match today, and I notice just how fast the defenders were, particularly the Dutch.

The Dutch players were just so far ahead of the US from a technical standpoint, when you add in the physical gifts it’s truly wonderful. We have so far to go.

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Lets have him work with Dutch legend Aron Winter 😜

9 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

The Dutch players were just so far ahead of the US from a technical standpoint, when you add in the physical gifts it’s truly wonderful. We have so far to go.

One of the best players on the day, Blind, has no pace at all. Anticipation and first step is what you notice with defenders, more than straight line speed. Even Robinson, who was torched all night, was probably quicker than his rival Dumfries. Speed isn't everything.

Miller can improve by working on his reading of the game. I also think that he could get faster by losing weight but that might compromise some of this other physical assets.