Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

I think the most interesting part…

Both Miller and Kamari denied contracts on their terms and then traded….

Renard got everything so right and now it’s going so wrong.

Offor is brutal… Herrea trade doesn’t make sense like let Brault play… we had a capable right back.

Whos the other guy from Atlanta ?

it’s not like we’re cashing in…

i don’t get the build right now but Joey has to go.

4 hours ago, narduch said:

They got a lot of ex CPLers.

You never know

I’ve already predicted a CPL team will win this years Voyageurs cup. All the MLS teams are going to continue struggle, and juggle their rosters. I believe both coaches don’t know who their best starting XI are. 

I don’t see much changing until maybe after the summer transfer window.

18 hours ago, narduch said:

This is a terrible trade for Montreal. 

Miller must have wanted out badly 

All the signs were there including no interviews since coming back - it is a disaster.  Nancy leaving along with the departures last season have decimated the club.  

11 hours ago, Shway said:

I’ve already predicted a CPL team will win this years Voyageurs cup. All the MLS teams are going to continue struggle, and juggle their rosters. I believe both coaches don’t know who their best starting XI are. 

I don’t see much changing until maybe after the summer transfer window.

I feel the opposite way: because the MLS teams all look bad this year, and likely won't have much to play for in the league, they will be looking to pick up hardware where they can.

Back to Florida.  I hope he has a good season there.

Regarding the Canadian MLS teams maybe having little to play for in the league:  it's not yet mid-April, there is a whole lot of mediocrity in the bottom two thirds to three quarters of the conference tables, and the playoffs have been expanded.  This league is built to have as many teams as possible in the playoff hunt for as long as possible.  So, there is a ton of runway for a slow starting team to turn it around it and make the regular season relevant.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

According to Quentin Parisis - Miller had no offers from Europe.

I've looked at a few depth charts that were posted and safe to say that he lost his starting spot to either Cornelius with Kennedy behind him

How is it safe to say based on some depth charts you've looked at? Only Herdman and the staff can say for sure who will be the number 1 LCB. Does Quentin Parisis have some inner knowledge on the team or something like that?

I've been impressed with Cornelius lately and want him to be the LCB in Nations League Finals, but I think it's too early to rule Kamal out. He was the preference at the World Cup and presumably would have been the starter last window if he wasn't injured. 

The good news? We are in good shape at LCB, be it Miller, Cornelius or Kennedy. I have faith in each of them. 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Kennedy barely plays for his club.

I'm sure if Miller regains his form he will be Herdman's 1st choice again 

I'm not sure of this, but I hope Miller regains his form, and soon, because otherwise in the near- to medium-future there will be two spots to fill: LCB and CB, as Vitoria isn't long for this NT.

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

How is it safe to say based on some depth charts you've looked at? Only Herdman and the staff can say for sure who will be the number 1 LCB. Does Quentin Parisis have some inner knowledge on the team or something like that?

I've been impressed with Cornelius lately and want him to be the LCB in Nations League Finals, but I think it's too early to rule Kamal out. He was the preference at the World Cup and presumably would have been the starter last window if he wasn't injured. 

The good news? We are in good shape at LCB, be it Miller, Cornelius or Kennedy. I have faith in each of them. 

It's an opinion from my own perspective.

As of now, Cornelius looks like he has the better performances recently in the kind of environment that Herdman said he wish players would be part off. Miller's performance has been criticized by Montreal's fans and journalists thus far and I can't say that I personally liked his performance at the World Cup

16 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I'm not sure of this, but I hope Miller regains his form, and soon, because otherwise in the near- to medium-future there will be two spots to fill: LCB and CB, as Vitoria isn't long for this NT.

I haven't watched Miller with Montreal enough this season to say he's been out of form. Is he actually playing poorly or are we equating Montreal's poor record to Miller's form?

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

It's an opinion from my own perspective.

As of now, Cornelius looks like he has the better performances recently in the kind of environment that Herdman said he wish players would be part off. Miller's performance has been criticized by Montreal's fans and journalists thus far and I can't say that I personally liked his performance at the World Cup

That makes sense, carry on then. 

By the way, you answered another question I had....thanks for that!

What are we doing here? Kamal is one of the best CBs in MLS- that is not the case for Cornelius in Sweden as far as I’m aware, and Scott Kennedy is not an everyday player in the 2.Bundesliga. 

He’s had a rough start to a season playing for a historically terrible team whose coach is allegedly running his guys into the ground in practice and who, if you read between the lines in player interviews, has lost the hearts of his players. I’m going to need most of this season at Miami with him playing terribly to question his spot on our depth chart.

Cornelius might be the better player long term- you can imagine a future where by 27 or 28 maybe he’s in the Bundesliga or something, but at present,  he’s behind Kamal until one completely tanks or the other takes a big leap.

28 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

What are we doing here? Kamal is one of the best CBs in MLS- that is not the case for Cornelius in Sweden as far as I’m aware, and Scott Kennedy is not an everyday player in the 2.Bundesliga. 

Think all the doom and gloom for Miller is a bit overdramatic and Kennedy and Laryea last year are  examples of players not playing at their club and still being great for their country but in the tiny 2 game sample size Cornelius is 19th in overall in Fotmob rating and the highest rated centre back as far as I know so he very well could be.

8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Back to Florida.  I hope he has a good season there.

Regarding the Canadian MLS teams maybe having little to play for in the league:  it's not yet mid-April, there is a whole lot of mediocrity in the bottom two thirds to three quarters of the conference tables, and the playoffs have been expanded.  This league is built to have as many teams as possible in the playoff hunt for as long as possible.  So, there is a ton of runway for a slow starting team to turn it around it and make the regular season relevant.

Small sample size, but I am liking the Caps' chances to make the playoffs, maybe even do a bit of damage. Losing Cubas will hurt, for sure, but the team seems to be rounding into a real team. Not elite by any means, but a very solid group. They've a bit of depth too. (Just a bit, mind you.)  I worry about FCM.  TFC might get it together yet. I would bet they make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

Think all the doom and gloom for Miller is a bit overdramatic and Kennedy and Laryea last year are  examples of players not playing at their club and still being great for their country but in the tiny 2 game sample size Cornelius is 19th in overall in Fotmob rating and the highest rated centre back as far as I know so he very well could be.

And he grab the starting spot at Malmo, holding it down thus far. He's going to see UEFA competition which will put him easily ahead of the others when that happens next fall when he'll be defending against some of the best attackers in Europe

Edited by Ansem

13 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

He’s been playing very well, but just like Miller, small sample size (I didn’t realize he was rated the highest CB so far though).

12 hours ago, Ansem said:

And he grab the starting spot at Malmo, holding it down thus far. He's going to see UEFA competition which will put him easily ahead of the others when that happens next fall when he'll be defending against some of the best attackers in Europe

Malmo already missed European qualification this year since they finished 7th last season, and the season prior, they barely beat the team from Iceland and then got blanked back to back by the Latvian team. They’ve played some very good teams in the group stages of champions league and Europa in the past, but they don’t have any more of a guanratee of qualifying than Miami does of playing Concacaf CL teams who are likely of similar/better quality, unless they make a run and make the group stages. The earliest Cornelius can play in Europe would be July 2024 if I’m not mistaken- after Copa America.

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

I haven't watched Miller with Montreal enough this season to say he's been out of form. Is he actually playing poorly or are we equating Montreal's poor record to Miller's form?

I watched 4 of their 6 matches and he has been terrible. 

I don’t member Osorio or Laryea being that bad for TFC last year no matter how bad TFC was. In fact, I thought Osorio was quite good when he played. Laryea started well and tapered off but so did the rest of the side