Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Given CFM’s defensive issues lately this is an interesting one.   They still have Piette and Wanyama for CDM coverage so I assume Duke is more of an attacker.   Still leaves a gap in defence though.   

I remember watching Bryce Duke with LAFC while Kaye was there. More of an attacking 8 than a pure attacker. I recall him being more of a central player. I can see why people would describing him as a "Rising American", but I don't think he's any better or worse than the other young CMs currently at Montreal. He should be a good depth piece for the team at minimum. 

26 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Given CFM’s defensive issues lately this is an interesting one.   They still have Piette and Wanyama for CDM coverage so I assume Duke is more of an attacker.   Still leaves a gap in defence though.   

Piette is out for 6-8 weeks though and Wanyama looks gassed half the time.  I guess we'll be seeing a lot of Corbo?? IEEEEE!!! 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

This is a terrible trade for Montreal. 

Miller must have wanted out badly 

I enjoyed his time here in Montreal and seeing him grow to an all star last year, but the way this team is being managed, if he doesn't want to see his career go on a downward spiral he needed to get the F out of here. Happy for him that he managed to get his wish.

8 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Good move for him to get a new contract but also telling that the offers/interest from Europe are not like what was being reported.  More valuable/lucrative for him to stay in the MLS than the options in Europe clearly.  

He was an all star last year, and if he has another good year europe is still option, but it won't be lucrative right away. He will still go after the first goof European offer he receives I think.

The good thing about signing a bigger contract is that if he does go to Europe he can command a bigger salary. If he doesn't move to Europe he can command a bigger salary if he moves within MLS. Either way, it's never a bad thing to get a bigger contract. 

Pretty disappointing move all round. Glad Kamal gets a pay rise though. This also gives him incentive to put himself in the shop window for Europe. Huge loss for Montreal. Amazing how badly Montreal have gone post Nancy. Arguably this would have been a backwards move had it happened pre-season. Right now I am still not convinced its more than a sidewise step with Miami just 3 points better off so far, but it is a new challenge. 

4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Montreal fans is saying this is a win for them because Miller has become a bad CB? Is this the case or are they just coping?

There are a lot of kids playing in team who don't have the experience yet to be playing in MLS. So, many think the veterans like Miller, Waynama, Waterman should lead the way...so that's where a bit of where that comes from. These 3 players above have not been great, but nothing is working with the team. This season the team has a TOTAL of 18 shots; gives you an idea of what side of pitch ball is most of time. 

Watching CFM this year is like watching the expos in the last few seasons. Just completely dismantling the team with no hope of improving.

As a CANMNT fan, this is a great move that puts our best MLS player in a great league situation and a better chance to move abroad, but as a CFM fan… what do we even have left?

3 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Good move for him to get a new contract but also telling that the offers/interest from Europe are not like what was being reported.  More valuable/lucrative for him to stay in the MLS than the options in Europe clearly.  

Or maybe he didn’t want to go to Europe or the fit wasn’t right? The chances of him not having a higher wage offer in Europe are extremely low.