Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

He had stated he wanted to leave and try Europe as did Osorio.

couple of things, respect to him for following his dream and turning down big money.

Next up, Champ is a very good level and he’ll improve there, if the champ wasn’t behind the EPL, I feel like we’d be thrilled with this move, reality is some champ teams would easily compete in a league like the Jupiler or Everdise.

3, a few years back this was a guy who was told he wasn’t an mls player, what a ride it’s been. Amazing for him and full congrats to the man. 

4, this opens the door for Kobe Franklin who’s a young RB in the academy, hopefully they look to him and new Canadian Auro to play RB, also, ZBG could be an option…

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

To me, Forest is very similar to Aston Villa in size and stature but are in a lower division because their ownership has been terrible the past number of years.  This is likely a great move financially as well (possibly even better that $925 K a year).

Always had a soft spot for Forest, not least the Frank Clark years in the 90's. 

They have 4 RB's on the books so I am interested to see where they are thinking about playing him. They have an ok squad but are in a decent position with a longshot at promotion, but still a shot. Just signed a decent CB in Steve Cook who was being linked to Premiership teams and are looking to poach a decent winger from Millwall (Jed Wallace). Think they will give it a go. 

Would be amazing if he makes his debut against Arsenal on Sunday!

Edited by toontownman

Just now, toontownman said:

Always had a soft spot for Forest, not least the Frank Clark years in the 90's. 

They have 4 RB's on the books so I am interested to see where they are thinking about playing him. They have an ok squad but are in a decent position with a longshot at promotion, but still a shot. Just signed a decent CB and are looking to poach a decent winger from Millwall. Think they will give it a go. 

I’m by no means an expert on Forest but have been to Nottingham to watch Charlton away a few times.  This is a big club that he has joined and I saw they are going after Steve Cook from Bournemouth who I think is a very decent player.  This may not be the year they go up but with a 46 match grind, it’s inevitable that Richie will get his chances.

So much to like here about this decision by Richie. First, he chose decision to sign with Nottingham to fulfill his Europe dream despite big money. Love that he followed his heart despite the offer. Secondly, a few years ago we would be thrilled we have a player playing for a good Championship club. It's a step up from MLS and at his age and playing better competition sky is the limit! Very happy for Richie.

2 hours ago, reggietfc said:

i think 925k for 4 years is kinda high for richie,i wonder if he took less at NF

Might be related in some way to the transfer fee they are reported to have received if it was effectively a contract buy out. Been a while since I waded through all the intricacies of MLS roster rules though.

23 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Championship average salary is 3 million. So he's likely to get a lot more than what is possible in MLS

?

I'd have to search around but have it in my head the median average just topped £1M pre pandemic.  I'm sure the average is higher but that has to be inflated by parachute money.

8 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

I'm thinking he's gonna play lb for Forest. They have a bunch of rb's as someone mentioned - on the other side, Gaetan Bong seems despised by most fans, and lately, they've been starting a CM out of position. It makes the most sense..

Just did a quick look at their squad and it looks like their normal LB (or LWB) is Max Lowe, on loan from Sheffield United. He is injured but could be back in the near future. Maybe Laryea could be used as a stop gap until he’s back, but I’m hoping he just beats out the other RWBs and earns that spot in the long run. Obviously his versatility is helpful though to get him on the field in a variety of roles.

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

In roster depth there's a case to be made for that but top end of rosters no way.  

Really? Who do San Jose or Salt Lake or Vancouver or Montreal or Minnesota have on the books that are too good for the Championship?

Not all MLS teams build their teams like the NY/LA/Mia/Tor sides have done.

46 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

?

I'd have to search around but have it in my head the median average just topped £1M pre pandemic.  I'm sure the average is higher but that has to be inflated by parachute money.

Got that figure from https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/how-much-do-championship-football-players-get-paid

35k pounds/week = 1.8m pounds a year = $3m CAD

Yea, probably inflated by parachute money, but I've always known championship salaries to be quite high, with a sharper dip in league 1.

6 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Got that figure from https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/championship/how-much-do-championship-football-players-get-paid

35k pounds/week = 1.8m pounds a year = $3m CAD

Yea, probably inflated by parachute money, but I've always known championship salaries to be quite high, with a sharper dip in league 1.

Thanks for that. 

Based on this source, only 23 players make more than 35k per wk, although maybe the massive salary of Danny Drinkwater really does pull the average up that much :)

2021-2022 Championship Player Salaries | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances