Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Seemed NF were going to get a haircut so not surprising from that perspective and glad TFC benefitted in the end.

At the same time, what a bunch of turmoil for nothing, eh? Gets sold to Forest, helps them promote, gets loaned back to TFC and then Vancouver, then returns to Forest only to get sold back to TFC? It was all so unesessary in retrospect. He could have just stayed in Toronto the whole time.

I respect that he gave Europe a go, but disappointed he didn't take the Red Star deal, although I get the allure of returning home and putting an end to the whole ordeal. Must be nice to finally have the stability, but again it's kind of ironic to go through it all only to rediscover what you had all along.

I am sure he'll always hold fond memories of that promotion clinching run. Aside from that, probably it's two forgettable years. 

Really thought the Championship would be a possibility for him. At least, he'll retire knowing he took the chance instead of wondering what could have been.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Hamstring surgery next week, will be out for 3 months per TFC. That would mean he’ll be back towards end of June. 
https://x.com/torontofcmr/status/1770179369161441313?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Was the hamstring injury due to him rushing to play in the season opener, when he should have took some time to get his fitness level up?

1 hour ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Was the hamstring injury due to him rushing to play in the season opener, when he should have took some time to get his fitness level up?

Seems likely.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, narduch said:

Going to be tight for him to make the Copa squad.

TFC would be complete idiots to allow this man to go to Copa America. Realistically, Richie should not playing again until the end of the summer. Knowing TFC, they’ll risk it and he’ll be out for the rest season. Unfortunately, Canada should look to find another option to contain try to contain my guy Garnacho. Just please not Alistair Johnston.

Edited by anthony7

1 minute ago, anthony7 said:

TFC would be complete idiots to allow this man to go to Copa America. Realistically, the guy should not playing again until the end of the summer. Knowing TFC, they’ll risk it and he’ll be out for the rest season. Unfortunately, Canada should look to find another option to contain my guy Garnacho.

Apparently he was at training today running on his own. He may return quicker than we think

18 minutes ago, narduch said:

Apparently he was at training today running on his own. He may return quicker than we think

Still dumb to rush him. Again, knowing TFC they’ll accelerate that return. Then we’ll all know the obvious outcome.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

He was the weakest piece last week. Invisible again as usual. TFC need to replace him with a true #10 to become a real playoff team.

He's 3rd in minutes played and 8th best avg score for TFC. Take out gavram, insigne and berna and hes 5th on the team. I'd say TFC have much bigger problems than oso. 

Edit: who scored has him at 8th. 

Fotmob has him ranked 3rd behind the italians.  I dont live and die by ratings but surely 3rd is enough to say, "lets solve the crisis of other positions/players before oso"

Edited by Bigandy

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

He's 3rd in minutes played and 8th best avg score for TFC. Take out gavram, insigne and berna and hes 5th on the team. I'd say TFC have much bigger problems than oso. 

See, you’re completely wrong here. Just because he runs the most km in team does not mean he is doing anything of influence. A lot of people like you are fooled by those stats. In the actual grand scheme of things, he is pretty much useless. At least Longstaff is progressive and Flores breaks up play. What does invisible Osorio do other then run around and chase shadows? Complete waste of $1.4 million that could be used on a real player of actual influence.

Edited by anthony7

23 minutes ago, Big_M said:

lol copa america...hes 29 recovering from a heavy injury...let him heal properly and slowly come back

Kind of agree with this. Laryea will get caps moving forward, but I don't know if rushing him back is in the best interest of the team, let alone the player. I would be okay with another player getting the opportunity in his absence. 

19 hours ago, Obinna said:

Kind of agree with this. Laryea will get caps moving forward, but I don't know if rushing him back is in the best interest of the team, let alone the player. I would be okay with another player getting the opportunity in his absence. 

If he is called up and he is deemed healthy enough by the medical staff, he'll be wanting to be there.  

On 5/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, anthony7 said:

See, you’re completely wrong here. Just because he runs the most km in team does not mean he is doing anything of influence. A lot of people like you are fooled by those stats. In the actual grand scheme of things, he is pretty much useless. At least Longstaff is progressive and Flores breaks up play. What does invisible Osorio do other then run around and chase shadows? Complete waste of $1.4 million that could be used on a real player of actual influence.

This is such a silly take and speaks to a complete lack of understanding of how stats/scores work. 

Oso is #2 for xA, 3rd for xG, 2nd for chances created, 2nd for possessions won in the final 3rd. His rating is more to do with his attacking contributions than running the most. He isnt a guy whos best quality is how much he runs either so just a nonsense take. 

However, I am not defending oso by saying hes fantastic. I'm saying that if you're building the TFC squad, you would never say "Wow oso is statistically one of our best players. Akinola is one of our strikers. The problem is Oso." 

These are just opinions so to say Im completely wrong is too arrogant for me. However, I would go on a limb and say 98% of fans would want to solve the striker position rather than oso.