Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

4 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I could see TFC convincing him to run it back for one more season, this teams clearly in a win-now mode with all the moves being mentioned and Richie would be a massive part of it.

I’m not sure about that. They have a replacement already on the roster (Auro) and they might want to use the extra cap space on other positions.

I could totally see TFC cashing in now.

7 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I could see TFC convincing him to run it back for one more season, this teams clearly in a win-now mode with all the moves being mentioned and Richie would be a massive part of it.

Honestly, its a win for him for that move and a win if he happens to stay

If Laryea has ambitions of playing in England/Europe now is the time. He's 26 so he has to do it now if that is what he wants.

Edited by Kadenge

16 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

If Laryea has ambitions of playing in England/Europe now is the time. He's 26 so he has to do it now if that is what he wants.

I agree, for him the best time is now.

More just making the point that theoretically, one more year with TFC which could add an MLS Cup and Qatar to his resume would definitely raise value from the clubs perspective.

12 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I agree, for him the best time is now.

More just making the point that theoretically, one more year with TFC which could add an MLS Cup and Qatar to his resume would definitely raise value from the clubs perspective.

He could also have a standout season in the Championship and Qatar under his belt and then take an even bigger step.

This would be a great move for Laryea and at 26, now is the time to move.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

First division where?? I cant imagine any EPL team would have interest in a 26 year old MLS'er, unless they're absolutely dominant (which Laryea isnt).

This would be a very good move for him.

Except he's been dominant every season but last, which was a throwaway season for the club. Don't think a prem move would be the right one right away but he could easily slot in at a mid table Bundesliga/Serie A level team.

32 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Except he's been dominant every season but last, which was a throwaway season for the club. Don't think a prem move would be the right one right away but he could easily slot in at a mid table Bundesliga/Serie A level team.

Laryea has not been dominant - he's a good player at MLS level but he's never been an all star, made a best XI or been in the conversation for top players in the league.

Same comment goes for Budesliga / Serie A. My point isn't that he cant play at that level, it's simply that those clubs aren't scouting MLS to bring in non-stars in their mid-20s. It's just not going to happen

Edited by Floortom

13 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Laryea has not been dominant - he's a good player at MLS level but he's never been an all star, made a best XI or been in the conversation for top players in the league.

Same comment goes for Budesliga / Serie A. My point isn't that he cant play at that level, it's simply that those clubs aren't scouting MLS to bring in guys in their mid-20s. It's just not going to happen

IMO he's been a top 3 right-back the 2 season before this one and talking heads like MLS Extratime talked about him as such. But I guess that isn't dominant awards wise. I think his play in CCL and internationally against Mexico and the US would be taken into consideration too and would've be a big plus but I'm still a fan of the move.

Edited by sebdeserio

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

First division where?? I cant imagine any EPL team would have interest in a 26 year old MLS'er, unless they're absolutely dominant (which Laryea isnt).

This would be a very good move for him.

Any of them? He could easily settle into a mid table side in one of those leagues, especially ligue 1 or the bundesliga. I'd argue that Laryea has been dominant at his position in MLS.

The championship is a not a good league to develop in, or to try and move your way up the latter in (outside promotion), especially at his age. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

42 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Any of them? He could easily settle into a mid table side in one of those leagues, especially ligue 1 or the bundesliga. I'd argue that Laryea has been dominant at his position in MLS.

The championship is a not a good league to develop in, or to try and move your way up the latter in (outside promotion), especially at his age. 

He’s 27 year old and has spent his entire career in MLS. I don’t know where this fantasy on this forum comes from about moving up into the elite leagues. Barring club promotion, this is likely to be as high a level as he ever gets. It’s really that simple. 

edit: and to add again - this is a really good move. The fact that people are upset that he's not getting Bundesliga or EPL interest is laughable. 

Edited by Floortom

A few years back Richie was on the scrap heap at Orlando after burning through his early 20s and not making a mark professionally. The fact that some now are saying he shouldn’t go to the Championship (and become our player at a highest level in England) because he can “easily” slot into sides in the Bundesliga, Serie A or even the Prem is making my head spin.