Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

TFC are playing like shit but Laryea hits one from distance (which you don’t see too often) and gets a goal in the final game of the season.  

Yeah that was a bit of a revelation.  I wonder if that is something he just doesnt use much as he is usually dribbling his heart out up and down the wing.  Something else to put in the highlight reel if he is shopping for a new club.  

27 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Yeah that was a bit of a revelation.  I wonder if that is something he just doesnt use much as he is usually dribbling his heart out up and down the wing.  Something else to put in the highlight reel if he is shopping for a new club.  

He actually has taken a good number of shots with the NT. He scored vs Bermuda and hit the post vs Suriname I remember. Had some cracks vs Mexico.

8 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

He actually has taken a good number of shots with the NT. He scored vs Bermuda and hit the post vs Suriname I remember. Had some cracks vs Mexico.

Big contributor on a few goals too, main two that come to mind right now were Hutch vs ES and the cross in to Tajon vs Panama

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Approve My Account Pls said:

Based off TFC exit interview, looks like he and Osorio are pushing hard for a move overseas

East to say but harder to do.   Nice that Osorio suggested he needed Europe to stay on Canada’s first team. Both should get some time in Europe a la Landon Donovan to stay fit.  

yesterday for Montreal a few guys were mentioned to go to bologna for training.   Why was Miller not included is beyond me but didn’t see if anyone asked. 

1 minute ago, Ruud said:

East to say but harder to do.

I agree, but the confidence with which they both spoke definitely makes me think that the wheels may be turning. Osorio has spoken about Europe before, but I don't remember feeling him sounding this confident and in the drivers seat per say.

2 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Nice that Osorio suggested he needed Europe to stay on Canada’s first team

Agreed on this point, was a refreshing comment to hear

2 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

If they go, it’ll be fascinating to see what kind of level they would end up at. 

For some reason I imagine Osorio in the Netherlands. He can probably be a useful player for Feyenoord or even PSV and Ajax, probably from the bench for those latter two. 

Spain may be possible too, at the lower half of the table, of course. 

What about Venezia in Serie A? They seem to have a growing concacaf contingent. Busio was their record transfer and they also added Tessman from FC Dallas (who's played sparingly).

They may want a veteran hand to help them out though. In fact, they added Ridgeciano Haps from Feyenoord in the off season, who you may recall from the 1st round of qualifying against Suriname. He was one of the big recruits ahead of the match who squared off against Laryea on the flank. Anyways, similar age to Osorio, similar transfermarkt value, different position of course, but might speak to the sort of reinforcement they could go for. 

44 minutes ago, Obinna said:

For some reason I imagine Osorio in the Netherlands. He can probably be a useful player for Feyenoord or even PSV and Ajax, probably from the bench for those latter two. 

Spain may be possible too, at the lower half of the table, of course. 

What about Venezia in Serie A? They seem to have a growing concacaf contingent. Busio was their record transfer and they also added Tessman from FC Dallas (who's played sparingly).

They may want a veteran hand to help them out though. In fact, they added Ridgeciano Haps from Feyenoord in the off season, who you may recall from the 1st round of qualifying against Suriname. He was one of the big recruits ahead of the match who squared off against Laryea on the flank. Anyways, similar age to Osorio, similar transfermarkt value, different position of course, but might speak to the sort of reinforcement they could go for. 

I think that I have mentioned it before in the Jonathon Osorio thread but he recently changed Agencies (maybe last winter?).  Anyways, his new agency is Sports Entertainment Group (SEG) and they have a very large connection to Dutch footballers and the Eredivisie so I would suspect that is a strong possibility.  Laryea, given his age could perhaps move to a bigger club or bigger league.

Some of the athletes with SEG include:

Martin De Roon - Dutch International playing for Atalanta in Serie A and formerly of Heerenveen & Sparta Rotterdam

Kasper Dolberg - Danish International playing for OGC Nice in Ligue 1 and formerly of Ajax

Cody Gakpo - Dutch International playing for PSV Eindhoven in Eredivisie

Daley Blind - Dutch International playing for Ajax in Eredivisie

Jairo Riedewald - Dutch International playing for Crystal Palace in Premier League and formerly of Ajax

Kevin Strootman - Dutch International playing for Cagliari in Serie A and formerly of PSV, Utrecht & Sparta Rotterdam

Jasper Cillessen - Dutch International playing for Valencia in La Liga and formerly of Ajax & NEC

Santiago Arias - Colombian Internaitonal playing for Granada in La Liga and formerly of PSV

The list goes on and on but those above were just some of the biggest names under them.  I would say that at least 66% to 75% are either Dutch Internationals or have experience in the Dutch football system.  The names above are big names mostly form the big 2 clubs in Netherlands but they have dozens of more players with the lower level Dutch teams as well.  There also seems to be a decent connection with Scandinavian players and leagues.  Other big players include Siebatchu (Pefok), Hoever, Hoedt, Troost Ekong, Locadia, Natcho and even Biseswar (from Suriname).

Edited by Corazon

3 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I think that I have mentioned it before in the Jonathon Osorio thread but he recently changed Agencies (maybe last winter?).  Anyways, his new agency is Sports Entertainment Group (SEG) and they have a very large connection to Dutch footballers and the Eredivisie so I would suspect that is a strong possibility.  Laryea, given his age could perhaps move to a bigger club or bigger league.

Some of the athletes with SEG include:

Martin De Roon - Dutch International playing for Atalanta in Serie A and formerly of Heerenveen & Sparta Rotterdam

Kasper Dolberg - Danish International playing for OGC Nice in Ligue 1 and formerly of Ajax

Cody Gakpo - Dutch International playing for PSV Eindhoven in Eredivisie

Daley Blind - Dutch International playing for Ajax in Eredivisie

Jairo Riedewald - Dutch International playing for Crystal Palace in Premier League and formerly of Ajax

Kevin Strootman - Dutch International playing for Cagliari in Serie A and formerly of PSV, Utrecht & Sparta Rotterdam

Jasper Cillessen - Dutch International playing for Valencia in La Liga and formerly of Ajax & NEC

Santiago Arias - Colombian Internaitonal playing for Granada in La Liga and formerly of PSV

The list goes on and on but those above were just some of the biggest names under them.  I would say that at least 66% to 75% are either Dutch Internationals or have experience in the Dutch football system.  The names above are big names mostly form the big 2 clubs in Netherlands but they have dozens of more players with the lower level Dutch teams as well.  There also seems to be a decent connection with Scandinavian players and leagues.  Other big players include Siebatchu (Pefok), Hoever, Hoedt, Troost Ekong, Locadia, Natcho and even Biseswar (from Suriname).

Osorio playing in Holland would be good but for Laryea however I could see him playing in France in Ligue 1

14 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Osorio playing in Holland would be good but for Laryea however I could see him playing in France in Ligue 1

I decided to look up Laryea's agency.  Axia Sports Management.  

Looks like there is some connections to Greece.  Based out of Montreal, Toronto & Athens but there also seems to be a connection to Belgium as well.  Here are some of the athletes.

European's Overseas (Greek Players):

Victor Klonaridis with Atromitos FC (formerly AEK Athens & Panathinaikos)

Nikos Kainourgios with SV Zulte Waregem

Giorgos Koutsias with PAOK FC

Giannis Botos with Go Ahead Eagles

Canadians Overseas:

Cyle Larin with Besiktas

Derek Cornelius with Panetolikos

Jonathan David with Lille (formerly Gent)

Jules Vilsaint with Royal Antwerp

Domestic Based NA Players:

Adam Lundkvist with Houston Dynamo

Alex Bono with Toronto FC

James Pantemis with Montreal

Mathieu Choinoire with Montreal

Tristan Borges with Forge (formerly OH Leuven)

Yuya Kubo with FC Cincinnati

13 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Were there not rumours floating around at one point about Laryea potentially joining Atiba/Cyle at Besiktas? 

I think Besiktas is around the level I would expect for Laryea to be at in Europe but Besiktas have Valentin Rosier (and they just got him on a permanent deal) on the right who is one of their better players and Ridvan Yilmaz on the left who is a Turkey senior international at the age of 20. Barring him playing farther up the field I think it would be difficult for him to break into their starting XI. 

Edited by Atlantic

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

RC Lens missed out on one Canadian target (Buchanan), perhaps they may consider Laryea? He's 4 years older, but they'd be still be getting a wide player, and he'd come at a fraction of the price. 

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

I decided to look up Laryea's agency.  Axia Sports Management.  

From my understanding, this agency is strongly connected to Sigma and Bobby Smyrniotis (Forge manager) who brought up a large portion of the domestic players they represent through the youth ranks. Costa (Bobby's brother and current director at Sigma) was originally listed as an agent & founder. I'm not sure if he is no longer involved, or if they just delisted him to get people to stop talking about the Forge-Sigma relationship.

Obviously, there is a connection to Greece through that relationship and specifically with Bobby previously working at Olympiacos. Bobby also spent some years developing youth programs for Ajax, but I haven't really seen this group leverage any Dutch relationships.

I believe that the Belgian connection runs through Peter Reynders (former Forge assistant) who spent more than two decades working at Genk and has run camps with Sigma since 2013. Daniel Krutzen, Tristan Borges and Paolo Sabak are all Forge players who have spent time at Genk.

Outside of players with Greece, Genk or Sigma relationships; I've always been a bit surprised with the amount of French Canadian players they represent. I now notice that Nick De Santis is also involved in Axia, so I'd assume his 20 years in the Impact organization have some pretty good influence.

If I had to hazard a guess, Genk and Besiktas would have to be frontrunners.

Edited by Pottsy3

10 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

From my understanding, this agency is strongly connected to Sigma and Bobby Smyrniotis (Forge manager) who brought up a large portion of the domestic players they represent through the youth ranks. Costa (Bobby's brother and current director at Sigma) was originally listed as an agent & founder. I'm not sure if he is no longer involved, or if they just delisted him to get people to stop talking about the Forge-Sigma relationship.

Obviously, there is a connection to Greece through that relationship and specifically with Bobby previously working at Olympiacos. Bobby also spent some years developing youth programs for Ajax, but I haven't really seen this group leverage any Dutch relationships.

I believe that the Belgian connection runs through Peter Reynders (former Forge assistant) who spent more than two decades working at Genk and has run camps with Sigma since 2013. Daniel Krutzen, Tristan Borges and Paolo Sabak are all Forge players who have spent time at Genk.

Outside of players with Greece, Genk or Sigma relationships; I've always been a bit surprised with the amount of French Canadian players they represent. I now notice that Nick De Santis is also involved in Axia, so I'd assume his 20 years in the Impact organization have some pretty good influence.

If I had to hazard a guess, Genk and Besiktas would have to be frontrunners.

I forgot to mention that in my post but I was meaning to.  Bobby Smyrniotis was listed as a client on their website as well so I figured there was some sort of connection there.

Laryea could make a move to Europe, he is younger, has an upside, his salary is not that high. Perhaps not being really clearly defined in terms of position could hurt him, but he's versatile. 

I think Osorio is going to have a hard time to find anything in Europe, and suspect, on his salary, he's just posturing to see if Bradley will come pleading him to stay. 

• 1 month later...