Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

What is the consensus on Kamal Miller last night?  

I thought he was good defensively but going forward he was a bit cumbersome.  However he still made a few plays.  He did play pretty mistake free.  

Is he someone that is our permanent Left Back in that he’s defensively sound but a bit limited going forward?  

I think after what Laryea did last night he’s our RB in ink now.  He was excellent from the RB position.  

4 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I thought he was good defensively but going forward he was a bit cumbersome.  However he still made a few plays.  He did play pretty mistake free.  

Is he someone that is our permanent Left Back in that he’s defensively sound but a bit limited going forward?  

I think after what Laryea did last night he’s our RB in ink now.  He was excellent from the RB position.  

He played it safe against Yedlin.  Giving him lots of space, probably smart since the latter is fast but I have never seen him have a consistent final ball. 

Against teams ranked ahead of us, do we truly need both our FBs being the "modern day fullback" and bombing up the pitch? We our quality in attack as it is. 

The fact Miller at club plays in a back 3 on the left side is huge.  Props to JH rolling him out there at LB and props to Miller being up to the task. 

I don't know if Miller is a shoe-in, esp if we do need to be more offensive but for now I am more then happy to have him over Davies at LB.

What a progression Miller has made the last 12-24 months. I personally didn't even have him in our defender radar at all, until the MLS draft.

Edited by apbsmith
*shoe-in* + MLS

USnA commentators best be humble. Normally you’d think the Yanks would comeback firing in the return match but the way they played last night plus all the heat they’re getting from the press I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another win in November. I smell blood. USnA look like they’re a boxer on the ropes ripe for a knockdown. 

Speaking of Yedlin, I am enjoying the seeping through of even a little bit of our good news over here.

Perspective needed for DeAndre Yedlin as Newcastle defender has a shocker for USA

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion/perspective-needed-for-deandre-yedlin-as-newcastle-defender-has-a-shocker-for-usa/

Chelsea fans slam Christian Pulisic’s tears for the USA

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/chelsea-fans-slam-christian-pulisics-tears-for-the-usa

4 hours ago, Hawkguy said:

Never said he was bad. Said quite the opposite. When Arfield is the worst player on pitch, you've just done something special. And we did.

LOL, I am disagreeing with the erroneous assertion that he was anything other than THE BEST PLAYER on the pitch last night.

The whole team did well, even the new kid thrown on  in an unexpected early substitution.

All I am saying is, Arfield ruled the midfield and was, IMO, the MOTM. 

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

He’s a real workhorse. He can continue to get better and provide nice depth at CB and LB but to me he isn’t good enough at LB for this level. The Americans showed him no respect at times and it was a problem.

Our southern friend's house is more of a mess than we realize. In this article I finally understood why firing Berhalter would be no easy task... 

But here’s the kicker: Even if Stewart decided he wants to fire Gregg Berhalter, it’s very possible that Stewart will soon report directly to–wait for it–Jay Berhalter, Gregg’s brother, who remains the leading candidate to be named as the new U.S. Soccer CEO (replacing Dan Flynn). That’s the same Jay Berhalter who was the subject of a recent New York Times story citing complaints that he created a toxic workplace inside the federation.