Jonathan David

Vince193

19 minutes ago, frmr said:

Rousing The Kop, a popular independent Liverpool news site keeps pushing Jonathan David articles. Yes, I'm a Liverpool supporter.

https://twitter.com/RousingTheKop/status/1378631462434566145?s=2

Kind of interesting that the article states and then reiterates how right they were about David considering that Liverpool never signed him?

3 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

So it’s on the bad end. His season might be done. Will be close. He might be able to still play for Canada though, but it might be his first action in 2 months. 

Recovery time is usually 6-8 weeks. 

If they win the league - They owe it big time to David.

Hopefully this will open eyes on France regarding Canada's potential as they don't think much of us until David.

Hoping this leads to FFF investing in CPL, ideally in Montreal 

And there goes the title.

Interesting to see how Lille will respond.  Adversity is sometimes a bitter but necessary medicine.   Lille did look better for a few spells the other night but could have just as easily dropped the points.

The back half on 2021 will be better for David.  I promise!

@El Hombre it’s usually regarded as the 5th best league.  It’s my first time watching Ligue1 every week too, I watch more EPL and Champions League.  I’ve been a bit disappointed as well, it’s not as clean as the other games I’ve watched.

It’s similar in passing/playmaking quality to MLS but more athletic across the board.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

@El Hombre it’s usually regarded as the 5th best league.  It’s my first time watching Ligue1 every week too, I watch more EPL and Champions League.  I’ve been a bit disappointed as well, it’s not as clean as the other games I’ve watched.

It’s similar in passing/playmaking quality to MLS but more athletic across the board.

18 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

French teams do OK in Europe?
Probably better than MLS clubs would fare I would think

Yeah, I get all that.  Its just so terrible to watch that I find it hard to consider it a Top 5 league.  Just on a pure enjoyment as a spectator basis.

I have actually been somewhat surprised by the quality of Ligue 1.

It is clearly more competitive, top to bottom, than say Belgium, Portugal or Turkey.

There does seem to be some clear distance between Ligue 1 and the EPL, so I think questioning whether it deserves to be in the same category is fair.

Do people see a bigger gap between France and England than between France and smaller leagues such as Belgium/Portugal/Turkey?  

54 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I have actually been somewhat surprised by the quality of Ligue 1.

It is clearly more competitive, top to bottom, than say Belgium, Portugal or Turkey.

There does seem to be some clear distance between Ligue 1 and the EPL, so I think questioning whether it deserves to be in the same category is fair.

Do people see a bigger gap between France and England than between France and smaller leagues such as Belgium/Portugal/Turkey?  

I think there’s a big gap between the top 4 and France, then another equally big gap between France and the next tier of leagues. 

3 hours ago, El Hombre said:

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I have such a hard time reconciling that those games are from a "top 5 league".  I find watching the Bundesliga or EPL or La Liga just so much more enjoyable to watch.  This has been my first year watching Ligue 1 and I guess I had much higher expectations.

Also depends who you're watching.  Monaco for example is way more interesting and flowing than Lille.

18 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

So it’s on the bad end. His season might be done. Will be close. He might be able to still play for Canada though, but it might be his first action in 2 months. 

Recovery time is usually 6-8 weeks. 

I think we need to be ready for the possibility of David not being there for the June games. Even if he doesn't need surgery and is able to heal before then, its very unlikely he will have regained his form by then.