Jonathan David

Vince193

20 minutes ago, Ruud said:

It was off deflection to be fair. 

I was going to say the same thing. How much that takes away from the moment though? I am not sure, but it is worth pointing out, I think. Still, it's a massive goal regardless.

I wonder if Navas would have saved it without the deflection. He was already diving to his right, anticipating the flight of the ball, but who's to say he would have stopped it? David got a pretty good connection on it. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I was going to say the same thing. How much that takes away from the moment though? I am not sure, but it is worth pointing out, I think. Still, it's a massive goal regardless.

I wonder if Navas would have saved it without the deflection. He was already diving to his right, anticipating the flight of the ball, but who's to say he would have stopped it? David got a pretty good connection on it. 

I personally don’t think it takes anything away from the goal. Who cares if it wasn’t as pretty as it could have been? I doubt there is a single Lille fan who celebrated the goal any less. 
Did anyone celebrate Davies’ goal vs the US any less because it didn’t look pretty? No chance. 

Edit: this isn’t directed specifically to you, Obinna. I realize you weren’t implying it did take away from the goal. I just happened to quote you to make the point. 

Edited by maccaliam

4 hours ago, maccaliam said:

I personally don’t think it takes anything away from the goal. Who cares if it wasn’t as pretty as it could have been? I doubt there is a single Lille fan who celebrated the goal any less. 
Did anyone celebrate Davies’ goal vs the US any less because it didn’t look pretty? No chance. 

Edit: this isn’t directed specifically to you, Obinna. I realize you weren’t implying it did take away from the goal. I just happened to quote you to make the point. 

Exactly this. If that was a World Cup winning goal, no one would even remotely care that it took a deflection. A goal is a goal is a goal. That said, I think there was an element of luck to the goal because of the deflection but David has had a lot of rotten luck this season so it's about time some luck went his way.

The keeper was moving as he shot, hard for me to tell if he was going the right way or not. David has a habit of making the goalies move early or the wrong way. The deflection might have put it over the keeper, or it might have been inconsequential. Hard to tell.

I'm still pumped for him though. I've been watching a bunch of David highlight videos on youtube. Guys, there is a CMNT player that has a bunch of highlight videos on youtube! A couple of players I should say.

PSG go through and extend their European objective, David hopefully back as soon as this weekend. Considering PSG's awful form after European assignments, it's shaping up for our boy to continue playing hero and win his first silverware.