Jonathan David

Vince193

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

While Covid is becoming a shit show in Europe again as well.

And even more ironically, that's not the case in the UK from what I understand as they have rolled out the vaccines fairly well (I have friends around the same age as myself who have received it) and the numbers are staying down, but because they aren't in the EU (which is having a harder time rolling out the vaccines), so if even if we had played Bermuda there then David still wouldn't have been released since the French leagues apparently think the virus attacks people whether or not they voted to stay or leave the EU. Who knew that viruses could be so democratic?

On 3/23/2021 at 8:58 PM, frmr said:

How accurate is this author? Pretty big deal if true. At least with how bad Lille is to watch it hasn't effected his value, and he likely wouldn't have a problem finding another good team to go to. Lille would also be happy with their investment.

8 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

And even more ironically, that's not the case in the UK from what I understand as they have rolled out the vaccines fairly well (I have friends around the same age as myself who have received it) and the numbers are staying down, but because they aren't in the EU (which is having a harder time rolling out the vaccines), so if even if we had played Bermuda there then David still wouldn't have been released since the French leagues apparently think the virus attacks people whether or not they voted to stay or leave the EU. Who knew that viruses could be so democratic?

The UK government took a huge gamble and ordered millions of vaccines before they were finished and approved. Combined with the great job of administering the vaccines (carried out by the health service and military), we’ve been very fortunate to see hospitalisation and deaths sharply drop. They are vaccinating roughy 500 to 800,000 thousand people a day, 7 days a week. Just finishing up the 50-59 age group. I am in my 40s, so not long before I am offered. 

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

How accurate is this author? Pretty big deal if true. At least with how bad Lille is to watch it hasn't effected his value, and he likely wouldn't have a problem finding another good team to go to. Lille would also be happy with their investment.

Well the author of the article is just quoting Football Observatory. The accuracy is questionable of course as these are just estimates, but as far as I know Football Observatory is up there with Transfermarkt as being one of the top two authorities on making these estimates. I thought it seemed high but he has a long contract, is still very young and has shown he can score at every level so far, so I guess that isn't going to come cheap.

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

The UK government took a huge gamble and ordered millions of vaccines before they were finished and approved. Combined with the great job of administering the vaccines (carried out by the health service and military), we’ve been very fortunate to see hospitalisation and deaths sharply drop. They are vaccinating roughy 500 to 800,000 thousand people a day, 7 days a week. Just finishing up the 50-59 age group. I am in my 40s, so not long before I am offered. 

Yeah and certain regions are moving through age groups even more. We are a bit behind in Colchester, or we were anyway as we didn’t organise it too well at the hospital in my opinion. But I know Suffolk has been doing really well vaccinating and a lot of people in 30s and younger have been offered them. One of the (few) things Boris did good with

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

We've been complaining a lot on the continent but as of this week I can book here in Barcelona. 

Thing is, a month ago they let 1st year university back in class only for social psychological reasons, but forgot to offer us the shot that teachers in public schools were getting. 

Not one health administration has done really well with the pandemic. 

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Maybe not at the national level but at the provincial level we have done well.  

Which one? Last time I checked Canada has quite a few Covid cases and has been terribly slow at rolling out the vaccine. Where I live in HK, you can give them credit for controlling the virus but the vaccine roll out is a shambles. 

1 minute ago, An Observer said:

Which one? Last time I checked Canada has quite a few Covid cases and has been terribly slow at rolling out the vaccine. Where I live in HK, you can give them credit for controlling the virus but the vaccine roll out is a shambles. 

PEI and the rest of a Atlantic Canada.  Overal COVID numbers have stayed consistently low and when there has been a slight blip the necessary public health actions have been taken.  Even the Atlantic bubble was held up as a model of public health policy while it lasted (it is being reinstated soon, assuming we continue to keep numbers down).   If you are limiting your judgement to the vaccine rollout, then it is less of a high flyer, but that is just because of the limit in nationally procured vaccine supply.  At the provincial level, within the parameters of what we receive, we have successfully rolled out the vaccination campaign and are ramping up in lockstep with increases in supply.  Everyone in the province will have the chance to get their 1st dose by June 1st.  

We have had 0 deaths and 0 hospitalizations.  The one minor outbreak we had in a long term care facility was immediately contained. People have not moaned about their freedoms and demonstrated against masks - they have just generally done what was asked of them.  And we are expecting well over 80% uptake on the vaccines because we historically have high vaccination rates.  

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, narduch said:

Yazici out due to covid

There was a covid outbreak among the Turkish team during the recent WC qualifiers and both Celik and Yazici tested positive. Lille dodged a bullet with Yilmaz who will play today.

Incidentally, Yazici already tested positive for covid back in January and it took him quite a while to get back to speed. Couple of key PSG players also out with covid.  I think one of the PSG players also tested positive earlier in the year.