Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

Would certainly be a downward move. But on the bright side he'd get get to play with TFC hero Sebastian Giovinco.

There is only one reason why he would go there.  Unfortunately I have no idea how he would personally rank the importance of the competitiveness of the league vs the wage packet.  

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

There is only one reason why he would go there.  Unfortunately I have no idea how he would personally rank the importance of the competitiveness of the league vs the wage packet.  

I believe last year when his agent was asked about a return/move to MLS he said his preference was to remain in Europe

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Can't see him going there with the Everton and West Ham rumors, but you never know.

The fans will be disappointed, but his bank account wouldn't be.

At the end of the day, it is hard to downplay this.  If someone with deep pockets comes along and offers you enough money to make you silly-rich for the rest of your life, it may be hard to refuse them - even if it doesn't represent the pinnacle of personal challenges.

A goal is a goal.  It was a nifty back heel kick that turned into an ugly double deflection goal.

Don’t care.  That’s 17 goals and 4 assists in all competitions.  0.68 G/90 and 0.84 G+A/90 is a very productive season for Larin.  For a primary winger player these are great #’s.

It’s quite impressive and I’m sure more and more teams are looking at him for a June transfer 

Edited by baulderdash77

I really hope he can get on a PL team soon. Assuming they play well, more guys in the top 4 leagues will only lead to more guys getting chances at that level. Didn’t that Man U scout say they weren’t interested in Davies because he was Canadian? Now they’re kicking themselves for missing out on him. 

I don’t know why Atiba never played in any of the top leagues when he very easily could have for a long time (hell, he could probably still play at that level right now even though it 100% won’t happen). Nothing against him obviously but I think Atiba playing on even a mid table side for years would have helped with the perception of Canadian players. 

4 minutes ago, Bdog said:

I really hope he can get on a PL team soon. Assuming they play well, more guys in the top 4 leagues will only lead to more guys getting chances at that level. Didn’t that Man U scout say they weren’t interested in Davies because he was Canadian? Now they’re kicking themselves for missing out on him. 

I don’t know why Atiba never played in any of the top leagues when he very easily could have for a long time (hell, he could probably still play at that level right now even though it 100% won’t happen). Nothing against him obviously but I think Atiba playing on even a mid table side for years would have helped with the perception of Canadian players. 

Alternatively he could push for a move to a CPL team and learn how to play CDM given our lack of options there. 

Sorry. 

Even more of a accomplishment given how hard his first couple of years were.  Shows you need time and opportunities to make it happen and luck and good timing 

the payoff is ahead either way.  
also I recall Hutch in conversations with EPL teams at various moments.  I think he was close but never guaranteed to really get a good look.  

Hutch has made the right decisions all throughout his career.  From Helsingborg to FC Copenhagen to PSV to Besiktas, that has been a very good steady progression for a player - and always as a starter and now captain/legend in Istanbul.  Would much rather this than 3 years in a struggling side on the bench.  

If Larin has a similar impact, he will have done spectacularly well in his career.

Hell, even 5 years ago we would have dreamed of having a striker starting and consistently scoring/assisting goals for a team like Besiktas. Ultimately North American players (who there is still a bias against) just need a chance to show that they are capable of, and Larin was fortunate to have a fellow Canadian like Atiba (whom the coaching staff at Besiktas hold in very high regard) recommend him. Despite everything Larin has done spectacularly well so far, he seems to have genuinely found his footing in Europe/Turkey, is just entering his prime, and there's a very real possibility that he could be playing at an even higher level soon. If anything, I can't help but wonder how much farther along he would have been right now if he had skipped MLS and gone on straight to Europe when he turned 18 (I believe there was interest abroad).

Edited by LeoH037