Cyle Larin

shermanator

13 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Obviously if they were offered that they should go for it, West Ham is playing well and is competitive so it is not like he'll be under huge pressure for results from day one. he could transition in. They are not even really that starved for goals, seems like their defense needs more help. Apart from what it would mean for his salary.

I didn't have DAZN until two weeks ago--when Movistar miraculously included 2 channels in their cable package, no extra charge, basically no strings attached. I am a bit surprised, frankly, but it now means I get EPL. 

Oh, you lucky bastard. 

The #1 Nephew got it for football (Britball & NFL) and discovered he has an appetite for snooker.  I never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd be talking to anyone about seeing Ronnie O'Sullivan's 1,000th century and they weren't looking at me like I had two heads. 

10 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Oh, you lucky bastard. 

The #1 Nephew got it for football (Britball & NFL) and discovered he has an appetite for snooker.  I never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd be talking to anyone about seeing Ronnie O'Sullivan's 1,000th century and they weren't looking at me like I had two heads. 

We get maximum hours of snooker in Europe with Eurosport, pretty well every tournament. 

I recall a trip to London in the early 80s, decided to go to Brixton, where of course there was absolutely no sign of the previous year's social tension at all despite news hype and punk mythologies. But it was spring and the pubs were full of people watching the World Championship at the Crucible on tv. I think the Canadian equivalent is people watching the Brier, which I am sure foreigners find very odd. 

definitely worth the read if you have the athletic (which honestly is worth it at this point imo) but here's the key transfer details

A source confirmed reports out of Turkey that West Brom made an offer to buy Larin in this window. Besiktas rejected the offer as they look to win the league this season, but it bodes well for Larin’s opportunities in the summer if he keeps scoring. Teams in France’s Ligue 1 have also reportedly made transfer bids in this window.

“I’ve actually had a couple Premier League clubs and one Championship club I’ve spoke to about Cyle and I’ve told them it might be the perfect time to get him,” Adrian Heath said.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this article West Brom made a significant offer for Larin during the transfer window and may still be looking at a summer move. I'm a bit surprised at the offer amount.

https://turkish-football.com/west-brom-made-e15m-offer-for-besiktas-striker-cyle-larin-in-january-talks-could-resume-end-of-season/

Edited by Norrin Radd

48 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

According to this article West Brom made a significant offer for Larin during the transfer window and may still be looking at a summer move. I'm a bit surprised at the offer amount.

https://turkish-football.com/west-brom-made-e15m-offer-for-besiktas-striker-cyle-larin-in-january-talks-could-resume-end-of-season/

You shouldn't be, in the last few years Vedat Muriqi, Mbaye Diagne and Yusuf Yazici have all sold for prices in that range after standout seasons in the Super Lig as strikers in their 20s.

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

Hope they stay in the EPL then

4 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

They won't and west Brom play an awful style of football. 

They will be relegated at the end of the season, and Allardyce will be gone. Depending on the manager who replaces him, you'd have to think they'll immediately be favourites to get promoted right back to the Premier League the following season. If I'm Larin, I don't rish into that move, but I give it strong consideration, if his goal is to play in the Premier League some day.

7 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

No chance Besiktas turned down 15M for Larin. This is a guy that just had a 2.5M sell on clause last year and while he’s had a good year he’s not lighting the world on fire. Turkish websites are notorious for BS.

28 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No chance Besiktas turned down 15M for Larin. This is a guy that just had a 2.5M sell on clause last year and while he’s had a good year he’s not lighting the world on fire. Turkish websites are notorious for BS.

Just curious, what more would he need to do to transcend "good year" and reach the "lighting the world on fire" category?

He's been kept off the scoresheet for a few games now, but what is your metric at this stage of the season? 15 goals? 20 goals?

If scoring 12 league goals to date is not lighting the world on fire (Turkish world, I guess), it has to be pretty close, no?

29 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Just curious, what more would he need to do to transcend "good year" and reach the "lighting the world on fire" category?

He's been kept off the scoresheet for a few games now, but what is your metric at this stage of the season? 15 goals? 20 goals?

If scoring 12 league goals to date is not lighting the world on fire (Turkish world, I guess), it has to be pretty close, no?

Lighting the world on fire would be 20-25+ imo. If he reached 15 I would be delighted. 

Wouldn't be a surprise if they rated him at 10-15m to sell now. Would also expect they would have accepted a bid of 15m. Could just be that they hadn't seen the best of him until now and actually see higher potential than they obviously did a year or so ago and wanted to keep him. I sometimes forget his age, still has a good 3 or so years before he hits his peak. 

Either way I hope he stays put if he is in the team. The premier league is a vacuum, especially for a lower team. If he doesn't make instant impact it could be a career stomper. That said a year in the championship would be ok. Challenging for the league title and European football in Turkey is better for him at this point imo. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Lighting the world on fire would be like Mbaye Diagne a few seasons back, who WBA ironically now have on loan. 

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Lots of talent on Everton...Larin would be up against Calvert Lewin and Richarlison but great to see him being linked to EPL teams

I’d assume this would involve Calvert-Lewin being moved for big money. I’m sure some of the big EPL clubs would pay top dollar for an English talent like that.