Cyle Larin

shermanator

St Ettiene has been a pretty solid Ligue1 team for a while.  While they are near the bottom of the table this year- it’s because they really need a striker.  Apparently they were trying to spend €5 million to upgrade and be more competitive in their league.

This could be an ideal situation to join a better league for Larin.  Ligue1 is a serious competition and it would be a big deal to have 2 of our top strikers in playing at that level.  

39 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Has the start today along with Atiba. I assume if they planned on selling him prior to tomorrow they wouldn't want to risk an injury.

In the mix to win the league, selling him would be a strange message to fans. 

IF he was to go to West Ham, his only competition (assuming they’re signing him as a striker) would be Michail Antonio. Tough competition, but Michail isn’t getting any younger at 30. Cyle would probably start as a strong 2nd option, or as a striker pairing in a 2 Striker formation

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

I don't think the idea of Besiktas turning down 15M for Larin is crazy.

Besiktas are in a title race and haven't won since 16-17. They could definitely use the money, but it's not the ideal time to lose their top scorer. Larin's wing/forward hybrid role seems pretty unique and I am not sure they'd be able to plug that hole on short notice, though you'd have to wonder if Cenk Tosin was brought in to do just that. West Ham and others may be in again for +15M in the summer, so drawing that line in the sand may work out for them.

Just look at how much Gent got for David in the end, imagine if they jumped at the first offer.

Edited by Obinna

There's speculation on Twitter that Besiktas are interested in Croatian forward Marko Livaja but it seems like he might've been a fall-back player if they couldn't get Tosun. Regardless, I think it is obvious Larin will be sticking around but nice to see some links over the last few weeks that teams in Top 5 leagues are interested. 

14 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Hard to see a move until the summer.  What manager is going to sell his hottest player in the back half of a title race?  One with a death wish that's who.

That said.  I like West Ham!  I have DAZN!  

Obviously if they were offered that they should go for it, West Ham is playing well and is competitive so it is not like he'll be under huge pressure for results from day one. he could transition in. They are not even really that starved for goals, seems like their defense needs more help. Apart from what it would mean for his salary.

I didn't have DAZN until two weeks ago--when Movistar miraculously included 2 channels in their cable package, no extra charge, basically no strings attached. I am a bit surprised, frankly, but it now means I get EPL. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

So if this does happen, does One Soccer pick up St. Etienne matches too? 😀

I’ve asked them a couple times to go after Besiktas games, but it would probably be far easier for them to games from another Ligue 1 side. I don’t know who has rights to the Turkish league in Canada

1 minute ago, Aird25 said:

I’ve asked them a couple times to go after Besiktas games, but it would probably be far easier for them to games from another Ligue 1 side. I don’t know who has rights to the Turkish league in Canada

I think BeIn does. The same network they get the Lille games from.