Cyle Larin

shermanator

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Seems fine. Maybe even a bit low since that's in USD tbh.

Tosun was sold for $37.5 million. That's why I'm thinking Larin (similar age and similar numbers, with the same team) might be a bit undervalued at $9.9.

Better numbers id say

56 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Really feels like any Besiktas highlight I watch starts with Atiba. Sucks that he doesn't get more recognition by not only sports fans in Canada but even football fans. I'm sure being a legend at a club like Besiktas makes up for it tho.

I love Atiba and agree that he's involved in a lot of Besiktas goals, but I think you're giving him an awful lot of credit here. Plenty of players involved in the counter but credit should be given to Larin for winning the holdup battle on the outlet pass and then getting back into a position to score.

7 hours ago, Corazon said:

Take TransferMarkt with a grain of salt but their recent updates in Turkey now have Larin as the 9th most valuable player in the SuperLig at $9.90 million.

Puts him in the 3rd slot for Canadians. Him and Eustaquio will probably see big bumps in their market value after this season. They have Eustaquio listed at 4.4, I don’t see him going for less than 8-10.

12 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I love Atiba and agree that he's involved in a lot of Besiktas goals, but I think you're giving him an awful lot of credit here. Plenty of players involved in the counter but credit should be given to Larin for winning the holdup battle on the outlet pass and then getting back into a position to score.

Oh I'm not saying that this counter was all him and I'm not trying to take anything away from Larin, but as a younger guy who never really got to see prime Atiba for Canada, looking back on his club career and seeing him still being a vital piece of a good team at 38 really helps me appreciate him.

20 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Oh I'm not saying that this counter was all him and I'm not trying to take anything away from Larin, but as a younger guy who never really got to see prime Atiba for Canada, looking back on his club career and seeing him still being a vital piece of a good team at 38 really helps me appreciate him.

Yeah it certainly would have been nice if Atiba had spent his career in leagues that are more visible to Canadians. Outside of National team matches, and the odd matches in European competitions I haven't seen nearly enough of him. He seems to be aging like a fine wine though. 

Galatasary just lost at home 3-4, and Besiktas face Fenerbace this weekend. A win puts them clear in the league with games in hand.

Although with a table of 21 they have a 40-game schedule, they have a ways to go, this really does give them a great chance at the double this season.

1 Besiktas 28 20 3 5 62 29 33 63
2 Galatasaray 30 19 4 7 61 27 34 61
3 Fenerbahce 29 18 4 7 53 30 23 58
4 T

BTW, Yedlin got two second half yellows (after scoring their first) and the rival beat them late, so he screwed up. But that looks suspicious, as if it were an excuse not to have to return from the international break so quickly.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

45 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Galatasary just lost at home 3-4, and Besiktas face Fenerbace this weekend. A win puts them clear in the league with games in hand.

Although with a table of 21 they have a 40-game schedule, they have a ways to go, this really does give them a great chance at the double this season.

1 Besiktas 28 20 3 5 62 29 33 63
2 Galatasaray 30 19 4 7 61 27 34 61
3 Fenerbahce 29 18 4 7 53 30 23 58
4 T

BTW, Yedlin got two second half yellows (after scoring their first) and the rival beat them late, so he screwed up. But that looks suspicious, as if it were an excuse not to have to return from the international break so quickly.

Yedlin wasn't called up.

14 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

With last night's goals he moved into a 5 way tie for 7th in Canadas all time goal scoring list with 11, along with David and Cav.

Took a screenshot, excited to see the changes by years end.

The way the goals were going in, I am wondering if someone catches Gerba this window.  HEHEHE..

33 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

In the form that he’s in; and with the service that he’s going to be getting from all the talented players on our roster- I could see him and David becoming the all time scoring leaders for Canada.

Larin has developed more as a passer but he’s still probably the best “pure” finisher we have.

Not only does he use both feet he can finish with other parts of his body!