Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

In the form that he’s in; and with the service that he’s going to be getting from all the talented players on our roster- I could see him and David becoming the all time scoring leaders for Canada.

Larin has developed more as a passer but he’s still probably the best “pure” finisher we have.

Larin and David have 11 each and at the top of the pile DeRo only has 22.  I would say it is pretty much guaranteed that they both pass that benchmark.  With WCQ cycles, friendlies, Gold Cups and Nations League, I would be very surprised if they hung up the boots without at least 25 each.  

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

HITC and some other Turkish media outlets have been rumouring that Everton will try to sign Larin in a swap deal (+cash) for Cenk Tosun, who is currently on loan at Besiktas from Everton. There's also reports Everton are interested in American striker Daryl Dike. 

If this were to happen, would it have to be during a transfer window?  

Everton is the kind of mid table EPL team that I honestly think would be perfect for Larin.

He could get real PT and they play a good system he could fit into.

I think Everton for Larin is literally THE perfect move for him.

Apart from the fact that Everton has IMO one of the top coaches in football. 

Leaving aside Ancellottti is married to a Canadian. 

Everton is the kind of mid table EPL team that I honestly think would be perfect for Larin.

I 1000% agree. It makes too much sense and i believe if they make that swap it would make sense for both clubs

6 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Whose starting spot does Larin take at Everton? Richarlison and DCL are cemented when healthy.

10 hours ago, Atlantic said:

HITC and some other Turkish media outlets have been rumouring that Everton will try to sign Larin in a swap deal (+cash) for Cenk Tosun, who is currently on loan at Besiktas from Everton. There's also reports Everton are interested in American striker Daryl Dike. 

Let's not forget that Larin to Everton rumours are nothing new. There has been interest in Larin at Everton since Lukaku left back in 2017.

On 3/27/2017 at 9:33 AM, Futballer said:

English premier League Sources on Kyle larin to everton

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3188197/everton-mls-cyle-larin-romelu-lukaku/ 

On 3/27/2017 at 2:00 PM, jpg75 said:

On 3/27/2017 at 2:31 PM, lazlo_80 said:

just to pour a little more gasoline on the fire

Whether he goes to Everton, West Ham or Leeds, he'll have to take his chances when they come. I don't think there's a single EPL team where he'd be guaranteed to start. That said, he was also not guaranteed to start when he moved to Besiktas. It took him a loan and a coaching change to get his run in the team and take his chance. He earned his spot and will have to it again if he moves, and I am fine with that.

7 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Yeah Everton is not a good fit. I think he could challenge Bamford who underperforms his XG at Leeds. 

Wolves have been desperate for goals since Jimenez fractured his skull and could use him right away. Their stopgaps haven't produced. (Yes I know they have Corbeanu.)

42 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Wolves have been desperate for goals since Jimenez fractured his skull and could use him right away. Their stopgaps haven't produced. (Yes I know they have Corbeanu.)

I would way rather they try Corbeanu than imports Larin.  This would be my last choice as they would be in direct competition.  

11 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Whose starting spot does Larin take at Everton? Richarlison and DCL are cemented when healthy.

I’d only assume they’d target Larin if they get a big money transfer for Richarlison or DCL. Everton are no stranger to selling their big players.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Why not stay another year at Besiktas and play some European football next season? He's not likely to get that opportunity at a club in England.

Eh a football career moves fast and he is in that sweet spot regarding his age.  If he was 22, sure.. but I don’t think you pass up on an opportunity like this because it may not transpire again.

He’s also made it clear his goal is to play at the highest level possible. I’m all for him testing himself and if it goes  awry, there’s no reason he can’t move back down a level. Happens all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you think about it are we really surprised in the end? Scored in college, scored so many goals in the MLS at such a young age. If you look at most of the great strikers they all have a history of scoring a lot of goals at every level and every league that they have played in . It was 2004 I was coaching an under 9 Rep team at the West Niagara tournament near Grimsby Ontario . We were playing 7 a side soccer, the North York Cosmos team I was coaching we were playing against Brampton Youth . Game starts and I notice the Brampton team was short one player with no bench , 10 minutes into the game I see 5 players running towards the Brampton bench , players that were late to the game . Five minutes later 3 of those late players are subbed on and one is this big imposing looking 9 year old who eventually went on to score a few goals and beat us by 2 or three goals if I remember correctly.  That tournament published a tournament program with a list of all the teams and each of their players names in it. Years later when Larin was starting to be known I think he was still in College and I noticed his age and early youth teams he played with, I found that program to see if I could find his name in that program. I looked at there he was listed under Brampton Youth U9 team lol. Yup that kid who could have scored a lot more than the 2 or 3 he scored against my team in that tournament was none other than Kyle Larin .