WCQ: Canada vs Panama - Wednesday, Oct 13, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

Just got to take it all in stride, taking deep breaths never forgetting Canada has the talent to win and maybe, quite possibly at lunch, enjoy one of these to ease things up. 

PEI Brewing Company Sydney St Oatmeal Stout | LCBO

Before we all know kickoff will be here. Best of luck to everyone throughout the day. Right now feels like the anticipation of Christmas eve, the gifts will come (  :

Why wait until lunch? It says "Oatmeal" on that can, so you can have it for breakfast!

For me Buchanan comes on as the supersub and we start Laryea down the right to facilitate shit-disruption. lol

If Hoilett wasn't at practice and is somehow questionable to start then Tajon should start up front on the right (shifting Osario to the left)... no one else (healthy) I would trust at the moment starting a game of this magnitude, but my preference would be for Hoilett's to start for his veteran poise and quality deliveries and Tajon to run at tired legs as a "finisher".

---------JD--------

--JH---------JO---

----MAK--SE------

-AD-----------RL-

---KM--SV--AJ---

--------MC-------

2 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

ZBG isnt getting enough love in these pregame lineup predictions. Especially if we have a back 4 he is much better offensively than Johnston. If we are going for an early goal he should start and Johnston can come on as a sub to see the game out.

ZBG should have started v Jamaica. We were hurting bad and he still didn't see the field which makes it doubtful he starts today. But yes he should have had some minutes already.  

6 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

For me Buchanan comes on as the supersub and we start Laryea down the right to facilitate shit-disruption. lol

If Hoilett wasn't at practice and is somehow questionable to start then Tajon should start up front on the right (shifting Osario to the left)... no one else (healthy) I would trust at the moment starting a game of this magnitude, but my preference would be for Hoilett's to start for his veteran poise and quality deliveries and Tajon to run at tired legs as a "finisher".

---------JD--------

--JH---------JO---

----MAK--SE------

-AD-----------RL-

---KM--SV--AJ---

--------MC-------

Hoilett is injured and not in Toronto.  Tajon is rested after missing the Jamaica game due to suspension, he'll almost certainly start.  The only part up for debate will be whether or not Davies and David both start as well (since they've gotten little rest).  I expect them both to start, this game is too important for them to sit and given the home support I'd bet they'll want to be out there.  Hopefully we can get a lead by the half and then look to give those guys some rest.  The only other thing I could see happening, but risky, would be leaving David on the bench for Shaffelburg given this is his home field and he's on form here.

I’d be surprised if we don’t start Davies and David. If we wanted to rest them, it would have been on Sunday I think. They’ll be fine to play 1 more match. I’m sure they’ll end up going back to their clubs pretty exhausted, but this is too important for us to cater to them. We should be sending out our absolute best 11 tonight and dealing with the consequences after. 

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think you got it backwards.  Based on what I have read, I think they were pushing for Crepeau in attack over Brym.  

I’m worried if they put in Brym too early his tireless running towards the ball will gas him too early.  As many have been noting, he looked relentless in his press from what we saw in Mexico.....

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

ZBG should have started v Jamaica. We were hurting bad and he still didn't see the field which makes it doubtful he starts today. But yes he should have had some minutes already.  

This. Laryea’s absence last game made a big difference, we didn’t have that late runner attacking the channels. Freeing up Davies and others. 

ZBG might have been really useful in this area. Surprised he didn’t get the nod.

In what can only be described as a sign of good luck, this morning my wife found a place here in silicon valley that has good poutine! We have lived here for 7 years and good poutine has eluded us.

Coupled with a bottle of Clearly Canadian and Humpty Dumpty party mix, I'm all ready to go!

(yes, despite being a math guy, I'm also oddly superstitious when it comes to sports)

About to head down to the game :)

If we win we’re in good shape so far. Hopefully AD and JD have some energy left, it’s going to get nervy if we can’t grab a goal in the first half. At least three of our more creative players are fully rested.