WCQ: Canada vs Panama - Wednesday, Oct 13, 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

I am kinda thinking the following:

Buchanan Millar

Adekugbe Kaye Eustaquio Wotherspoon Laryea

Miller Vitoria Johnston

Crepeau

with David, Davies and Osorio as impact subs off the bench.  I just not sure either of those 3 have 90 minutes in them or even close to it. 

Just about to leave for Toronto - driving in from three hours away. I’m not nervous about this game in the least, and that doesn’t mean I don’t fully respect Panama as a seasoned team with high quality talent and World Cup pedigree. It’s more an appreciation for what we’ve finally evolved into. We are a very legitimate COCACAF heavyweight contender that will concede nothing to our opponents. This is the Canadian team I’ve been waiting for my whole life (and I was born in 1962). My cup is definitely filled to the brim and I’m going to enjoy every moment of this opportunity! 

5 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I am kinda thinking the following:

Buchanan Millar

Adekugbe Kaye Eustaquio Wotherspoon Laryea

Miller Vitoria Johnston

Crepeau

with David, Davies and Osorio as impact subs off the bench.  I just not sure either of those 3 have 90 minutes in them or even close to it. 

My thinking is that Davies and David do and particularly with the home support. BUT even if we suppose they don't... where does that leave Panama? They're going to have even less rotation.

Plus - I'd argue that Davies at 80% is still the best player in CONCACAF. He's been a stud and deserves the chance to start in front of 30k... in fact, I'd say he demands it.

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

My thinking is that Davies and David do and particularly with the home support. BUT even if we suppose they don't... where does that leave Panama? They're going to have even less rotation.

Plus - I'd argue that Davies at 80% is still the best player in CONCACAF. He's been a stud and deserves the chance to start in front of 30k... in fact, I'd say he demands it.

But just think of him coming off the bench for 30 minutes running against tired legs at full speed. Could be devastating

1 minute ago, An Observer said:

But just think of him coming off the bench for 30 minutes running against tired legs at full speed. Could be devastating

I hear you but then I think by that point he could be coming in against a team that is bunkering and his speed will be nullified. 

The earlier we score the better. 

16 hours ago, Lansdude said:

The team is still not popular enough, and the ecosystem too simple for anything but these symbiotic remora fish to exist in the media around Canada Soccer. We need to get better before we get some real criticism in pressers and interviews. For now everyone's just surprised to see the team doing OK and are happy it's boosting their career.

I am not exactly looking forward to the days when the coach has to communicate every detail of every selection because the Voyageurs forum demands it taking away time from his game prep or when speculation about vaccines cause social media harassment with knock on team unity effects.

5 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I am not exactly looking forward to the days when the coach has to communicate every detail of every selection because the Voyageurs forum demands it taking away time from his game prep or when speculation about vaccines cause social media harassment with knock on team unity effects.

I do not think that  has ever been the case. Since the forum started in the late 90's, there have been constant complaints about no communication, before or after matches.

Tickets are still moving as of this morning, the come to the party late types are still deciding this is where they want to be on a Wednesday night it Toronto. Hoping to see a huge chunk more off the board by kickoff. Will be an epic night down there. Everyone get their early, you can fully expect BMO security to not know what hit them trying to get everyone in while checking vaccination records etc. 

Edited by Cblake

5 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Tickets are still moving as of this morning, the come to the party late types are still deciding this is where they want to be on a Wednesday night it Toronto. Hoping to see a huge chunk more off the board by kickoff. Will be an epic night down there. Everyone get their early, you can fully expect BMO security to not know what hit them trying to get everyone in while checking vaccination records etc. 

how early are people thinking we need to arrive to get in our seats by kick off?? Is it going to be that hard to get in?

Just now, Floortom said:

how early are people thinking we need to arrive to get in our seats by kick off?? Is it going to be that hard to get in?

The gates are opening early at 6 pm as BMO Field will be hosting its biggest crowd during the Pandemic. With the requirement of checking that many vaccination records I would say getting their earlier the better. 

38 minutes ago, beachesl said:

I do not think that  has ever been the case. Since the forum started in the late 90's, there have been constant complaints about no communication, before or after matches.

Of course it's never been the case before, that's the whole point. The hope is that the current talent and what they can accomplish will make it so that there is more general interest and thus more in depth media coverage to the point where someday scrutiny is routine and intense. When that happens it means we have reached a new level as a soccer nation. I think it's what all of us dream of and there is a chance it is coming.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

Just got to take it all in stride, taking deep breaths never forgetting Canada has the talent to win and maybe, quite possibly at lunch, enjoy one of these to ease things up. 

PEI Brewing Company Sydney St Oatmeal Stout | LCBO

Before we all know kickoff will be here. Best of luck to everyone throughout the day. Right now feels like the anticipation of Christmas eve, the gifts will come (  :

Nice.  That is a great stout.  For local stuff I also buy a fair bit of Copper Bottom (their Double IPA packs a helluva kick).  

6 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

------------David - Osorio

Davies - Eustaquio - Kaye - Buchanan

Laryea - Miller - Vitoria - Johnston

--------------Crepeau

Let's get it!  No excuses.  Just pop one in early and go from there.  We're all in this together.

Here is another take, seems Tajon here is on the other side, with Davies playing higher up the field. 

245496911_10165725912990542_2853261769374348431_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_eui2=AeEil1kxwUageQ94iPycuNUs6k2q6uJgzfjqTarq4mDN-NX4VX4XOCSqI63wla0WTmI&_nc_ohc=xAgr4kcOXJcAX_df2my&_nc_oc=AQlZrzeY_tn8QAjvAjn5oCus1GIraR7pLVGvnCNS-A0p-6qwf8lFfdeevo21Fa0n1p8&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=3e67104536934aca3382f6defa2d1d43&oe=618CA25C

A win tonight keeps us nicely on track for that target range of 18-23 points.

I like Kristian Jack's calculation of how you can put yourself on pace for 21 points, a benchmark that probably puts a team in a fantastic position to qualify. You can achieve those 21 points by averaging 2 points per game at home (7 games, 14 points), and 1 point per game away (7 games, 7 points).

A win tonight would put us slightly ahead of that target, averaging 2.3 points per game at home (7 points from 3 games) and 1 point per game away (3 points from 3 games). Let's go CanMNT! 💪