WCQ: Mexico vs Canada - Thursday, Oct 7, 9:40pm Eastern / 6:40pm Pacific - Mexico City

2 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Let's foookin go! We're going undefeated all WCQ lads!

One positive thing to look at, even though we might be a bit gassed I presume Jamaica mostly played their starts as well. It's not like they're going to be fully rested. We have much better depth.

As mentioned above, Henry in for Vitoria and ZBG or Adekugbe in for Laryea isn't really a drop off. Millar, Hoilett, or even Shaffelburg should do well enough to replace Buchanan. I'm also not against another CM coming in for Kaye.

💯

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That was 80-90% of this board, frankly. Now they are all hiding and bs-ing about the match. 

No one knows what can happen in a football match, but what you can't do is lie down, the worst team in a top flight never does against the best away, you always have a chance. 

Not hiding. One of the greatest performances I’ve ever seen!  

4 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Too soon too say if it was the right call.  Its great Canada tied but it cost us 3 players against Jamaica on yellow cards, particularly Buchanan.  I think Herdman should’ve subbed faster to prevent tired legs from fouling.  Also first time I hear Osorio speak.  Why does he speak with a Spanish accent, when talking to Canadian media??  I thought growing up here all his life he’d more Canuck than anything eh 😛

That’s not a Spanish accent, that’s a Brampton accent, lol 

edit: I guess technically he did spent a lot of time in Uruguay but still… Brampton! 

Edited by ag futbol

Just now, AvroArrow said:

I asked Herdman to prove me wrong and so far he's doing it.  Would we be happy with 5 points in this window?  Do we dare to dream for 7?

I would be happy with 5.  It is the minimum I wanted from this window - especially when the lineup was announced tonight.  7 would be fantastic - but 5 would be a successful window with 2 away games.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If we win tonight, I will send a copy of this card to a random person (Canadian address only) chosen from everyone who reacts to this post by the time I decide to draw.  And any reaction will do - I am not trolling for likes (@El Hombre).

artmls-16c2s-21tn-0109_.png

Some say that a draw is as good as a win (me, I say that). 

Gimme the card.

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Don’t mind him.  He is just trying to suck the joy from he evening.  

So were you one of the many posters here shitting for a week on the three of us saying we had to go for a result and start our best? You don't believe in joy, it's just an afterthought for you guys; you were all trying to suck the joy out of the fixture for days.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

No card tonight.  But I will try to remember to make the same offer away to Jamaica.  

Jesus Christ, man.  Did @Cblake not inflate your numbers enough?  Just give me the card and we'll call it even.

I mean, I'm playing with one arm tied behind my back due to @JamboAl shadow-banning me and Hawkguy blocking me.  This is garbage.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

So were you one of the many posters here shitting for a week on the three of us saying we had to go for a result and start our best? You don't believe in joy, it's just an afterthought for you guys; you were all trying to suck the joy out of the fixture for days.

I never shit on anyone.  Not once.  I argued that exhausting our best 11 and risking yellows wasn’t worth the risk.  I also admitted that I would acknowledge my poor judgement if we get out if this window with 5 or more points - and I still stand by that.  

But the job isn’t yet done   Two games left   

We got a point.  I enjoyed the game.  But we will know after the Panama game whether or not this was the right move. 

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

That’s not a Spanish accent, that’s a Brampton accent, lol 

edit: I guess technically he did spent a lot of time in Uruguay but still… Brampton! 

I always assumed JO was Italian - my apologies to the Italians.

So, then, I guess it's Brampish that we are hearing.