WCQ: Mexico vs Canada - Thursday, Oct 7, 9:40pm Eastern / 6:40pm Pacific - Mexico City

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I never shit on anyone.  Not once.  I argued that exhausting our best 11 and risking yellows wasn’t worth the risk.  I also admitted that I would acknowledge my poor judgement if we get out if this window with 5 or more points - and I still stand by that.  

But the job isn’t yet done   Two games left   

We got a point.  I enjoyed the game.  But we will know after the Panama game whether or not this was the right move. 

I’m also in this camp.  I will be more than happy to say I was wrong if we get atleast 4 points in the remaining two games in this window.

1. I'd love a herdman "are you not entertained!" picture. Or gif. Or even better, a video with his full accent.

2. Imagine that first touch didn't bounce if David's foot, or phonzie had a bit more control,  on that 3 on 2.... Ill Dream of that 

3. Some weak yellows for sure, but some no calls (crepeau anyone?), some weaker calls on Mexico, some correct but big calls like the called off goal, and only 4 minutes of stoppage time (and less than 45 minutes total in the first half lol) has to be one of the better reffing results we've ever gotten in concacaf

4. If corbeanu played we win 3-1 🦅🦅🦅

Just now, Mattd97 said:

1. I'd love a herdman "are you not entertained!" picture. Or gif. Or even better, a video with his full accent.

2. Imagine that first touch didn't bounce if David's foot, or phonzie had a bit more control,  on that 3 on 2.... Ill Dream of that 

3. Some weak yellows for sure, but some no calls (crepeau anyone?), some weaker calls on Mexico, some correct but big calls like the called off goal, and only 4 minutes of stoppage time (and less than 45 minutes total in the first half lol) has to be one of the better reffing results we've ever gotten in concacaf

What is an actual appropriate call on the Crepeau situation?  A penalty?  Genuine question. 

1 minute ago, Mattd97 said:

😀

Just now, Mattd97 said:

Correction, we would've won 3-0.  Corbeanu would've had better coverage than Laryea on the goal (having run across the pitch because he recognized the danger).

1 minute ago, trc2014 said:

What is an actual appropriate call on the Crepeau situation?  A penalty?  Genuine question. 

Wouldn't mind if this became a regular part of Crepeau's arsenal where he just tackles the nearest opposing player after grabbing the ball.  Maybe give him a facewash with the ball on the way down.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Wouldn't mind if this became a regular part of Crepeau's arsenal where he just tackles the nearest opposing player after grabbing the ball.  Maybe give him a facewash with the ball on the way down.

I was very concerned something Concacafish was going to come of that, penalty, red card, maybe both!

Just now, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Looked like to me that the Mexican player tried to prevent Crepeau from putting the ball in play, foul against Mexico.

I mean to me it looked like Crepeau began to drop the ball and in the process punched the Mexican player in the face lmao but because the player tried to go after the ball instead of selling the punch the ref called a foul.

25 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

I asked Herdman to prove me wrong and so far he's doing it.  Would we be happy with 5 points in this window?  Do we dare to dream for 7?

Depends on where the 5 comes from. Draw in jamaica and a win vs Panama is a much better result for the purpose of qualifying than the reverse. We need to create separation before the real CONCACAFing starts in the Jan/March windows.

Edited by footballfreak