WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

1 minute ago, sebdeserio said:

I think this would be our best 11 with the players called up:

Davies-Cavallini-Larin

Kaye-Hutchinson

Eustaquio

Adekugbe-Miller-Vitoria-Laryea

Borjan

I was thinking this exactly except with Hoilett on the right and Larin up top. But yours is enticing.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

So only 24 guys called up is disappointing when multiple nations are calling up over 25 guys. Even if it was to train, I would’ve love to see Canniggia.

Oh yea, and Arfield should be done as captain #respectfully.

I expect us to make changes after Bermuda. Although with domestic players added.

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I think this would be our best 11 with the players called up:

Davies-Cavallini-Larin

Kaye-Hutchinson

Eustaquio

Adekugbe-Miller-Vitoria-Laryea

Borjan

I'd probably invert Davies and Larin, but I'm sure they'll swap back and forth. I suspect Johnston might get the nod too, but we'll see

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

So only 24 guys called up is disappointing when multiple nations are calling up over 25 guys. Even if it was to train, I would’ve love to see Canniggia.

Oh yea, and Arfield should be done as captain #respectfully.

The 3. Liga doesn't go on break during the international window so Elva would have had to missed club games if he was called up

11 minutes ago, narduch said:

I guess only David and Osorio are the main omissions. Arfield we already knew about.

Anyone else I can think of is injured.

Probably would have been good to have Cornelius here.

I feel like Cornelius is being better utilized at the olympics (although if we drop some points in these matches I might deeply regret this statement)

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No Osorio? Is he injured?

Ferreira call up is a bit of a joke IMO. But I guess it wouldn't be a true Canada squad without Unattached FC.

My guess is Herdman wants Ferreira playing. He’s going to use this as a showcase so hopefully by June he’s on a club and getting regular minutes. 

13 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Why is Nelson in the squad when he’s only played 7 games and 141 minutes for tfc. Surely we could’ve picked some other MLS player who actually gets game time.

He would have been on the U23 team had not been for the TFC Covid situation, usually a few promising young players are included on every roster.

17 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Why is Nelson in the squad when he’s only played 7 games and 141 minutes for tfc. Surely we could’ve picked some other MLS player who actually gets game time.

This is the only selection that i don’t understand. I could be biased though as I have never really liked his game 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, Alex said:

My guess is Herdman wants Ferreira playing. He’s going to use this as a showcase so hopefully by June he’s on a club and getting regular minutes. 

Maybe Ferreira has been helping JH and his scouting team scout luso-canadians (that's what you call a Portuguese/Canadian descendent) in Liga NOS/ as well as understand the structure of that league system. 

I do agree that JH will likely use this as a showcase for Ferreira and will probably look to help Ferreira land a spot on an MLS team. 

Edited by JasonDias

7 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Ferreira has been with Herdman since February according to Lucas Dias. He (Ferreira) has been helping JH and his scouting team scout luso-canadians (that's what you call a Portuguese/Canadian descendent) in Liga NOS/ as well as understand the structure of that league system. 

I do agree that JH will likely use this as a showcase for Ferreira and will probably look to help Ferreira land a spot on an MLS team. 

So he's been scouting two players? Are there others we don't know about?

4 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I know this will be controversial but I’d much prefer someone like teibert then Nelson. Don’t need to be testing out a young player during wcq. 

Teibert? With the midfield we have? There's no reason for him to see the field. Nelson has pro minutes at 18 and has impressed when he'd been with the national team. 

6 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I know this will be controversial but I’d much prefer someone like teibert then Nelson. Don’t need to be testing out a young player during wcq. 

Yeah if only we were able to play more games. I'm going to assume he won't get any minutes and maybe Herdman just wants to give him looks in training and get him mixed into the team. Probably views him as a big part of the future 

8 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I feel like If we did call up someone like Teibert, he wouldn’t be used anyways. Similar to Nelson in this situation, so it would be more beneficial in the long-term for Nelson to develop good chemistry with the team

5 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Teibert? With the midfield we have? There's no reason for him to see the field. Nelson has pro minutes at 18 and has impressed when he'd been with the national team. 

There was no reason for Nelson to be in this camp instead of Olympic qualifying where he might have actually been useful. There’s also more than enough players in the Olympic squad who have a lot better argument to be in the wcq then Nelson.

6 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I'm not sure worrying about the player who's most likely number 21 out of 21 on the depth chart (excluding GK's) is worth it. 

Besides, against the clubs we'll be playing in this window, I'll take a guy who could possibly create something on his own against a parked bus, vs. a solid but unspectacular midfielder who doesn't offer you too much in the final third.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL