Theo Corbeanu

jordan

6 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Except for the striker position we already have Buchanon, Davies, Layrea, Adekugbe, Johnston, Millar covering those positions.

You’re completely missing the point mate, but I get what you’re saying. Not saying Theo is a lock now or in November, but his versatility could make him a tough decision if his development stays on track

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

I sort of agree with you and I sort of disagree with you. Let's look at the depth chart for fowards:

1) Davies

2) David

3) Larin

4) Buchanon

5) Ugbo

6) Cavallini

7) Hoilett

😎 Akinola

9) Millar

10) Corbeanu

Yes Theo can jump the queue or there can be a massive injury bug that strikes CAN MNT. But on the flip side Mitrovic, Jebbison, Morales or Dias can impress and commit. But as of today Theo is 10th on the depth chart and I figure we bring 6 maybe 7 forwards to Qatar.

Of that list, I really only see the top 4 as pretty much guaranteed ahead of everyone else if healthy.  Of the rest, some are playing well (Millar) some have potential (Ugbo) and some have enough ongoing issues of form or injury to be question marks (Cav, Hoilett and Akinola).  No idea if Theo will earn a spot but it is entirely plausible IMO depending on what happens over the next 11 months.   

7 hours ago, Sal333 said:

For expediency I won't argue your point about Akinola. So that places Theo 9th on the depth chart. Do you think we're bringing 9 forwards to Qatar?

9th today; in November next year he could be much higher (or indeed lower if Jebbison or Flores commit). The argument was over “locks” and not who is where on the depth chart today. They are two separate things 

7 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Akinola last played at the GC in June, battled with consistency since MLS is back, and has no real timeline for return from injury. I’m just as high on him as the next V, but how can he be ahead of someone who has been consistently performing, playing, and has a chance of a championship loan/cracking a PL squad within the next calendar year? Not even adding the fact Theo can play multiple positions.

Akinola is the one I think we are unlikely to see in Qatar. Will only be a few months from returning from a major injury and you have David, Larin, Ugbo and Cavallini in that spot (and possibly Jebbison). I think you would need to see him start with a bang and the latter 2’s form dip (and Jebbison not commit) before we see him. 

corbeanu will be battling it out with Hoilett and Millar and much more likely he wins one of those spots although he is definitely behind those 2 at the moment. 

We’ll see what happens with Theo.  I think he’ll be back in the premier league next year getting lots of reps.  When it comes to the roster, so much can happen within a year.  Assuming we’re in, does Herdman simply pick a team with all the guys that got him there or the players playing at their peak come next October?  I’d pick the players playing their best.  He’s going to have some very difficult decisions and sleepless nights because for some this could their last chance with what we have coming through the system.  Of course their is a double standard here, like if Davies was playing terribly for Bayern, he’s going to be there, but to me the only exception for a player would be Hutchinson regardless of performance.  

19 hours ago, Sal333 said:

I sort of agree with you and I sort of disagree with you. Let's look at the depth chart for fowards:

1) Davies

2) David

3) Larin

4) Buchanon

5) Ugbo

6) Cavallini

7) Hoilett

😎 Akinola

9) Millar

10) Corbeanu

Yes Theo can jump the queue or there can be a massive injury bug that strikes CAN MNT. But on the flip side Mitrovic, Jebbison, Morales or Dias can impress and commit. But as of today Theo is 10th on the depth chart and I figure we bring 6 maybe 7 forwards to Qatar.

I’ve seen you being up Morales a few times and I have no idea who that is. Did I miss something?

12 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I’ve seen you being up Morales a few times and I have no idea who that is. Did I miss something?

NO, you didn't miss anything. I had a couple of brain farts and kept writing Morales when I meant Flores. It's either that or I'm a closet bigot and I can't tell the dif between Mexican names.

Edited by Sal333

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, jordan said:

Reading that he has left Sheffield Wednesday

to join MK Dons

Wow that’s interesting…clearly wolves weren’t happy with his playing time. Generally he was highly thought of by SW supporters.

Edit: SW supporters having a bit of a meltdown about this news on their forum. They seem to value Theo. 
looked at an MK Dons forum and they seem a bit confused as they don’t feel they have any need for a winger

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Does changing clubs mean less likely he could get called into camp? Are Wolves secretly playing checkers while we're playing chess?

Regardless, seemed like he was starting to find his feet at Wednesday. Hope he get's proper PT at MK Dons

Doubtful as Wolves would likely value an international call up over time in the League One.

https://academy.wolves.co.uk/news/corbeanus-loan-switches-to-mk-dons/

But Matt Jackson, Wolves’ strategic player marketing manager, believes the move to Stadium MK – where Corbeanu will get regular playing time as the club push for promotion out of the third tier – will be beneficial to the ongoing development of Canada’s Youth Player of the Year.

“Theo’s had a fantastic experience up at Sheffield Wednesday, who have treated him brilliantly,” Jackson said. “But he has now an opportunity to go to MK Dons and get some regular game time until the end of the season, in a formation which is best suited for him.

“For his football development, we believe this move is a really good option, but the decision was left to the player and after discussions with Theo and Sheffield Wednesday, we’ve come to an agreed plan.”