Theo Corbeanu

jordan

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Seriously.   So many talented young wingers and strikers and yet still some big gaps in terms of prospects in other parts of the field.  

The only gap I see is the back line.

We're good at goalkeeping with Crepeau, Breza, St Clair & Hasal.

In midfield I don't see a problem if we can get at least Flores or Dias. Both will be better and best would have been if got Sali on board.

It's just that back line. And the funny thing is for decades Canada was known for being decent to good on defense but couldn't score to save their lives.

Edited by Sal333

2 hours ago, Sal333 said:

It's just that back line. And the funny thing is for decades Canada was known for being decent to good on defense but couldn't score to save their lives.

Except for right back, oh lord did we ever have some woeful years trying to solve our right back issue.😂

39 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Except for right back, oh lord did we ever have some woeful years trying to solve our right back issue.😂

And now we are polluted with guys who can play there.  Johnston, ZBG, Laryea, Godinho, even Tajon.  Crazy.  We just need a bit more even distribution of talent among the positions and we would be monsters.  

6 hours ago, Sal333 said:

The only gap I see is the back line.

We're good at goalkeeping with Crepeau, Breza, St Clair & Hasal.

In midfield I don't see a problem if we can get at least Flores or Dias. Both will be better and best would have been if got Sali on board.

What I'd give for a clone of Big Kev McKenna in his prime in the Canada squad now.

3 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

With Corbeanu earning minutes and capitalizing on the opportunity, he has to be included for the upcoming window. 

I'd rather he stayed put. If he has truly broken through at Sheffield Wednesday I don't want him falling out of the side to come sit on the bench. We have cover enough. He needs pro minutes and establishing himself as a starter. 

58 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I'd rather he stayed put. If he has truly broken through at Sheffield Wednesday I don't want him falling out of the side to come sit on the bench. We have cover enough. He needs pro minutes and establishing himself as a starter. 

I agree for this window, but if he’s getting regular minutes and playing well, surely Herdman will call him up for the January one.  For starters, I’ll be at the game in Vancouver, so it would be pretty inconsiderate of Herdman not to call him up and play him so I can see him live.  Secondly he’ll be playing, which seemingly will be very important with other key players having not played due to the MLS off season 

8 hours ago, Yohan said:

What I'd give for a clone of Big Kev McKenna in his prime in the Canada squad now.

Ok. But he was also on the back line for that 8-1 WCQ game in Honduras.   However some might forget that he was reasonably successful  playing at Forward for Canada.   Potted some key goals.  If i am not mistaken,  he scored with a header in the opening game of the 2003 Gold cup against Haiti.

Edited by Free kick

Darren Moore has recently changed formation to a back 3(with some recent success and has beaten Sunderland and drew today with Plymouth who are top of league 1( and SW looked the better team in the 2nd half)

SW has a lot of wingers and (I think like liam did,) Theo just wants to play and will play anywhere the manager asks him too.. he didn’t do badly defensively tbf

Playing Time is what he needs right now and he’s getting it so that’s good progress !! His time will come he’s a very talented young lad… patience is the key…everyone has their pathway…

Edited by spitfire

55 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Bizarre that he’s being lined up as a wingback. Weird to throw a young kid, who’s barley played any professional minutes into a new position. He also hasn’t shown much defensive acumen when I’ve watched him so not sure why the team feels that’s his best position

Playing in this position will hopefuly improve the defensive side of his game and if he grows into the role then he'd be a more natural fit for the current formation preferred by Herdman.