Theo Corbeanu

jordan

3 hours ago, pod818 said:

Fab forum vote was 63% for Theo as MOM. Next highest was just under 20%. 

comments seem to suggest he was terrifying the opposition left back so they had to double team him. 

Key knock on him was his final ball was a bit wayward a little too often. Apparently he was changing his type of delivery on balls into the box but they often missed their man. 

1 hour ago, maccaliam said:

Fab forum vote was 63% for Theo as MOM. Next highest was just under 20%. 

comments seem to suggest he was terrifying the opposition left back so they had to double team him. 

Key knock on him was his final ball was a bit wayward a little too often. Apparently he was changing his type of delivery on balls into the box but they often missed their man. 

Yup, my friend says, "beats a man with ease but still makes bad decisions with his final ball."

Just needs to keep getting minutes and that final ball will come with training, working hard and regular playing time. 

Really happy to see he's playing and showing well. He's already been integrated ( Gold Cup) and we will need as many inform players as possible in the 3 match window in January and a big chunk of our squad being out of season. 

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Just needs to keep getting minutes and that final ball will come with training, working hard and regular playing time. 

Really happy to see he's playing and showing well. He's already been integrated ( Gold Cup) and we will need as many inform players as possible in the 3 match window in January and a big chunk of our squad being out of season. 

To add (or possibly just rephrase), I feel like another key piece to the final ball improving is just having opportunities to learn what favoured movements and strengths his teammates have. That will only come with experiences on the pitch in training and games, and in the video room reflecting to learn. 

41 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

To add (or possibly just rephrase), I feel like another key piece to the final ball improving is just having opportunities to learn what favoured movements and strengths his teammates have. That will only come with experiences on the pitch in training and games, and in the video room reflecting to learn. 

Some fans saying the final ball was good most of the time but their forwards weren't being into positions. 

36 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Some fans saying the final ball was good most of the time but their forwards weren't being into positions. 

Yeah I’ve read a few different perspectives. Those forwards need time to adapt to Theo as well, so it is not entirely surprising (though you would hope they wouldn’t make similar runs as I read happened a few times). 

5 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Agree with this.  I think this is exactly what happened to Shaffelburg this year.  Had some skill on the wing and tried to generally drive in very straightforward crosses, but it was only when he got a consistent run of games that he really started to find his feet and mix it up a bit (including more final passes that were more decisive). I know they are different types of players but I suspect we would/will see a similar evolution if Theo gets good playing time.  

As much credit Herdman gets to recruiting and the Davies/David effeft has on dual nationals. Just wanted to give a shout out to Theo.

He is clearly a good friend of Mitrovic going back to their childhood days. Posting pictures on each other's birthdays from when they were kids. He is also one of the only Canadian players that seems to be connected to Flores. Too bad Sali wasn't part of the Romania youth setup while Theo was also there.

31 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Wow theres gunna be a ton of competition for spots in January. Corbeanu and Hoilett back in the fold if healthy. Who  would we drop? Or maybe take 26 players given the brutal travel schedule and 3 games. 

It is ridiculous how much attacking talent we have now.  I remember so many years where we were solid defensively but struggled to score.  Now we are spoiled with options and very talented players can’t even make our bench.  Crazy.