Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Just now, Shway said:

No @Stryker911, because he's eligible for both countries. Also assuming he wouldn't be playing the MNT but one of the YNT. I could be wrong though

He played competitive games for Romania U17.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_UEFA_European_Under-17_Championship_qualification

He needs to file his one time switch to play for us.

Man I never know the rules, I thought youth games weren't considered cap tying (competitive or not), as long as you were always eligible. Like Tomori for example, played with Canada then England youth. But I guess it was because they were friendlies?

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Man I never know the rules, I thought youth games weren't considered cap tying (competitive or not), as long as you were always eligible. Like Tomori for example, played with Canada then England youth. But I guess it was because they were friendlies?

Correct. Youth friendlies don't count for anything. You don't even need a passport (think Davies).

Youth competitive games or senior friendlies "cap you" to a country. Senior competitive games cap-tie you.

I have seen a lot of player threads opened without much info in the first post

Please everyone do the following when opening a player thread, if you want to add more that is great also:

Make sure the player is playing pro or almost certain of becoming pro

In the first post, give some info on the player: at the very least his year of birth, position and experience

If you want to add more like highlight videos, interviews...that is great

Thank you everyone

Isnt it a little sad that kids like Corbeanu, Mitrovic etc, from Canada, played in TFC system and yet we are super excited they are choosing us for their INT carers? Will we ever get to the point that we'll just assume kids with other options will stick with us?   After saying that..I am pumped Corbeanu is on board. 

• Nationality: Canadian/Romanian
  • DOB: 17/05/2002
  • Height: 6'2" (187cm)
  • Weight: 11st 14lbs (76kg)

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Isnt it a little sad that kids like Corbeanu, Mitrovic etc, from Canada, played in TFC system and yet we are super excited they are choosing us for their INT carers? Will we ever get to the point that we'll just assume kids with other options will stick with us?   After saying that..I am pumped Corbeanu is on board. 

I think we are going to start seeing more automatic commitment now with Davies/David making headlines

We are more attractive then we even have been and also hoping the next time we find a “top tier” player with Canadian ties (tomori, crisante) , they commit with us 

56 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

• Nationality: Canadian/Romanian
  • DOB: 17/05/2002
  • Height: 6'2" (187cm)
  • Weight: 11st 14lbs (76kg)

First time I'm hearing about this kid but I did watch whatever snippets of highlights of him that I could...he is good but he has more than enough time to be better. The fact that he chose Canada over Romania says a lot. He still hasn't been capped at senior level but I am sure he will be monitored by the CSA though and by Herdman but yeah is it good news? Of course it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Isnt the tournie set for next spring??  I would imagine they'll let the teams reset the preliminary in the new year.  Last time it was the 50man in late Feb, final in march right before the camp and tournie, which I dont believe we ever got last time.  There will be all sorts of behind doors stuff going on...we'll see if the potential debutantes rumored to be included are actually on board.  But a guy like Corbeanu can sure play himself onto that team.    

I've seen a few highlights of this guy and I was only able to tell he was right footed because there was a free kick in the package and he took it with his right. On that above goal, the defender was showing him onto his right hard, the step over wasn't even necessary to create space!