Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

I’m not sure why everyone is assuming he has been called in

He is doing a presser now for an MK Dons game tomorrow! Sooo looks like he is not called?...small squad looks like. Have to wait and see.

Is it possible Theo joins the group after his match and/or is one of the standby players? He’s useful, but not a key player and his development is important, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him named unless he says he won’t be joining Canada in the linked presser (haven’t watched it).

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is it possible Theo joins the group after his match and/or is one of the standby players? He’s useful, but not a key player and his development is important, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him named unless he says he won’t be joining Canada in the linked presser (haven’t watched it).

who do you consider key.
For me there's a list of 10.

Meaning there's 13+ guys who I would consider rotational - he's in that list.

EDIT: And by key I mean actual "key contributions" to the team. Rotational meaning they will come into the squad and do a/their job. 

Edited by Shway

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

who do you consider key.

I want Theo in the roster, I think he can make a difference from the bench. He'll come on with no fear against the Hondurans and start taking players on and trying shit, which I love about him. 

When I say key I mean these players: Eustaquio (ability), Davies (ability), David (ability), Larin (form), Atiba (experience), Johnston (flexibility) and Vitoria (lack of depth). 

You can argue that losing the other players is less worrisome, at least for me that's how I see it. That doesn't mean some of them are not really important, like Buchanan for instance, but if we don't have Tajon for whatever reason we have players who can replace what he brings, for the most part.

Nobody can replace Atiba's experience, Johnston's positional flexibility, Davies' ability, etc. 

If we have no Buchanan we have Millar, if we have no Miller we have Kennedy or Cornelius, if we have no Laryea we have Brault-Guillard, if we have no Adekugbe we have Gutierrez, if we have no Borjan we have Crepeau, etc.

Some of the drop offs are bigger than others, but overall there isn't much of a drop off for any of these. 

So while I want Theo in the squad, if the choice is made to let him stay and develop I kind of get it. My real point however was that maybe he stays to play the MK Dons match and joins the team a few days later? That way you get him an extra club game (very important for him) without suffering much from the absence of a "key" player, if you know what I mean. 

I am not advocating that or anything, just wondering if that's plausible.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

who do you consider key.

EDIT: And by key I mean actual "key contributions" to the team. Rotational meaning they will come into the squad and do a/their job. 

Why the "sad" comment on my comment?

13 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Let’s keep in mind he just walked in the door at a new club on loan. Certainly you wouldn’t want to upset the balance there but recognize these are critical games for Canada. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but league one does not break for the international windows.

They don’t stop but a team can reschedule a match if 3 players(must be in the starting group) get called up. But it’s team to team…

7 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Not on the roster. Very mind blowing considering how in-form he's been of late. He probably should have stayed with Romania lol

his time will come. He may have even asked to stay with his new club. He has 15 years of international games ahead of him, including potentially 3 world cups. 

Edited by king1010

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

his time will come. He may have even asked to stay with his new club. He has 15 years of international games ahead of him, including potentially 3 world cups. 

I'm just shocked considering he's been the player on the pitch in the last few months every night while we have injury issues, etc. But I'm not going to doubt Herdman at this point, so hopefully we can pick up the points.

On that note, he's got no chance at this World Cup though, maybe the next one. 

Just now, Hawkguy said:

I'm just shocked considering he's been the player on the pitch in the last few months every night while we have injury issues, etc. But I'm not going to doubt Herdman at this point, so hopefully we can pick up the points.

On that note, he's got no chance at this World Cup though, maybe the next one. 

Can't disagree more. 

He can be called into March, he can be starting for a championship club in August and be lighting it up solidifying a spot in Qatar. 

I think you're too quick to make definitive statement when so much can change. 

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

Who would you replace?

He will get his chance.

Probably Cav. We've got David, Ugbo, and Larin up front. And I'd hope Larin and David get a bunch of minutes in the two away games that we really could use at least 4 points in. 

Cav hasn't played meaningful minutes in 3 months.

But again, I'm not going to doubt Herdman. Hasn't done us wrong yet!

Edited by Hawkguy

4 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Can't disagree more. 

He can be called into March, he can be starting for a championship club in August and be lighting it up solidifying a spot in Qatar. 

I think you're too quick to make definitive statement when so much can change. 

Well then, wouldn't he have chances at 4 World Cups? I assumed you meant the same since the next ones will be 24, 28, 32.

Edited by Hawkguy