USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

3 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I am perdicting a very chippy game, with several yellows and probably a red. (Hope we don't get the red.) We aren't going to bend over for the Yanks, but we have to play smart.

Yeah we have to keep our heads, and control our emotions.  Its going to be a heated game and the USA is going to try and draw us into bullshit, hopefully they guys go in with a business like attitude, get the job done and don't let yourself get drawn into bullshit.  This US side is set up with a game plan that doesn't fit their skillset, is down its most talented players and are struggling, they're going to get frustrated easily if we play it right there's a lot of scenarios that this can play right into our hands, we're up and coming and you could see in the last game they were getting pissed when we went right at them.  

22 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

We cannot underestimate them but it's just as important not to give them too much respect. 

Let's stick to the facts: We have the more dangerous players going forward.  They are in bad form and we are in good form.  Our players know they can beat them.  Their media is roasting their Federation over the lame vote of confidence for Berhalter just days out of the game.  They have important players missing, we do not.  Florida is literally our home away from home, really, of all the places they could have chosen...

We are by no means the favourites but they are very beatable right now. 

Which makes the higher expectations for us more than reasonable.  I just want to see us play to the best of our ability and, based on the current form of our best players, the likelihood of getting a point or more out of this one is a realistic.

Did anyone else hear this Sportsnet interview with Herdman?  Around half way in he tells a story of the team earlier in his tenure was getting into training ground brawls and dividing up along ethnic lines.  Sounds like they had a lot of work to break through cliques.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/writers-bloc/john-herdman-isnt-grudge-match-getting-hex/

23 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Did anyone else hear this Sportsnet interview with Herdman?  Around half way in he tells a story of the team earlier in his tenure was getting into training ground brawls and dividing up along ethnic lines.  Sounds like they had a lot of work to break through cliques.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/writers-bloc/john-herdman-isnt-grudge-match-getting-hex/

He shouldn’t be saying things like that before a big match. Thankfully our media doesn’t give a shit

32 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Cliques will always exist in Canada soccer. 9x out of 10 its due to their ethnic/cultural influences that creates them. We're too diverse of country to worry about that. We have professionals who are playing at high levels. When they get on the field to win the game, all that other sh¡t goes out the window. 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Just when I get to kind of liking Herdman.  That reeks of a blow hard, let me explain the mess I took over and how I set them straight chest puffing fabricated or exaggerated story.  And if its true, its a story you save for your book after you have actually won something and its long behind the players.  

To be fair to Herdman, he mentions it only because the radio hosts specifically asked him about whether this had happened because they heard about the fight in the England team camp, rather than this being a situation where Herdman decided to volunteer the info to make himself look good.

Referencing the dust up amongst england players they ask How often does that sort of thing happen and do the team leaders need to step in and handle things.  They DID NOT specifically ask him about something from a canada camp.  Unless I am listeing to a different broadcast than the one referenced.

And.Herdman was all too quick to give the details...poor form..if a player did that I'm sure the manager would tell them to keep their mouths shut.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Referencing the dust up amongst england players they ask How often does that sort of thing happen and do the team leaders need to step in and handle things.  They DID NOT specifically ask him about something from a canada camp.  Unless I am listeing to a different broadcast than the one referenced.

And.Herdman was all too quick to give the details...poor form..if a player did that I'm sure the manager would tell them to keep their mouths shut.  

I'd suggest that your reaction to the very harmless quotes in that interview say much more about you than it does about John Herdman.

6 hours ago, RJB said:

John Herdman has always been his own biggest fan. He pats himself on the back any chance he gets.  

I sure hope he gets a chance to pat himself on the back after tonight! After the Haiti debacle he won many of us over for the time being with his bold lineup, strategies and substitutions vs the US at BMO, if it all goes wrong tonight of course the doubters will be out in full force!

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

So get two wins that would both probably rank in the top 3 of best match results in the last 10 years for our program? Okay no problem!

A draw will suffice too

1 hour ago, scullion44 said:

Anyone got updated number on the amount of tickets sold? I'm trying to check on the website where you buy tickets but it's blocked for me.

I’m not sure if there are selling tickets in half of the top bowl sections

I think he was genuinely answering the questions in an interview that was not really prepped for.  He gave an example without going into crazy details about it. Then talked about how important it is to come together as a team. When you read between the lines it's prolly why they do stuff like they did with the Arfield/Millar interview thing, vets with young....minor stuff like that just keeps building morale, chemistry and team unity.

Me personally, I did not see it as tooting his own horn, however I do see why people could think that, is what it is.  For me, it really shows how much this team really has come together as a TEAM top to bottom.  Which is amazing because I know whoever is on the field will give everything for the flag and the team not themselves. 

Anyways f@ck it. Game Day! Let's go Boys!!!

I'm excited to see the Supporter section on TV and if we pick up additional away support.  

As mentioned earlier, with Florida being a 2nd home for so many Canadians, I wonder if we see any or how much pockets of red scattered throughout the stadium. 

Would be pretty cool to see red in an away match! :)

Edited by apbsmith
Typo

7 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I'm excited to see the Supporter section on TV and if we pick up additional away support.  

As mentioned earlier, with Florida being a 2nd home for so many Canadians, I wonder if we see any or how much pockets of red scattered throughout the stadium. 

Would be pretty cool to see red in an away match! :)

Having spent a lot of time in Florida both living there and vacationing I don't expect many Snowbirds to be at the match, there was a perception up here that much of the support for the 2 NHL teams consisted of transplanted Canadians, the truth is for most of them the only ice they want to see is in their drinks! I expect more of the same for tonight's match!