USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

I'm kinda liking the 3-5-2 with Davies and Laryea as wingbacks. Speed would not be an issue out wide. Henry and Cornelius both have more than enough pace to protect Vitoria. David can do David things up top, with Cavallini ruffling a few feathers up there with him. Arfield, Piette and Kaye controlling the centre of the park. I really like it.

Wishing I'd opened a Bet 365 account now during the Nations League qualifiers when we played USVI, Dominica, French Guiana, etc.

For Friday's match with the US, they're giving us odds on a Canada win at +500, which is a higher payout than Panama defeating Mexico (only +350). Seems a bit strange since I think we have a greater likelihood of winning. Given the October result and who the US doesn't have this time, it would be hard to resist the opportunity to potentially win 5x your bet on a Canada victory.

Edited by jtpc

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'm kinda liking the 3-5-2 with Davies and Laryea as wingbacks. Speed would not be an issue out wide. Henry and Cornelius both have more than enough pace to protect Vitoria. David can do David things up top, with Cavallini ruffling a few feathers up there with him. Arfield, Piette and Kaye controlling the centre of the park. I really like it.

This is my favourite as well, also I think it’s the most likely formation we see on Friday too

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

This is my favourite as well, also I think it’s the most likely formation we see on Friday too

I can be convinced of that. It makes sense. Davies is obviously an upgrade on Miller. The USA also struggled with Cavallini last game, and his hold up play will obviously help. 

48 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Wishing I'd opened a Bet 365 account now during the Nations League qualifiers when we played USVI, Dominica, French Guiana, etc.

For Friday's match with the US, they're giving us odds on a Canada win at +500, which is a higher payout than Panama defeating Mexico (only +350). Seems a bit strange since I think we have a greater likelihood of winning. Given the October result and who the US doesn't have this time, it would be hard to resist the opportunity to potentially win 5x your bet on a Canada victory.

I think this is fairly close to realistic. We've been far too optimistic since the win in October.

Canada win 5

Draw 3.5

USA win 1.45

The USA is still heavy favourites.

http://miseojeu.lotoquebec.com/en/betting-offer?idAct=49&parHeure=168

Yeah, we beat the USA once, and Some people think that this will be an easy match. Obviously, some of y’all are joking but others are just being a bit cocky and are going to be disappointed if we think this match we’ll be a duplicate of the last one. The USA are going to put everything out there to win as it’s massive for Berhalter and the confidence of the fans behind them.

1 hour ago, jtpc said:

Must be lots of money flowing in on USA cause it opened at -125 USA, Draw +260, Canada +333 this morning

3 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Yeah, we beat the USA once, and Some people think that this will be an easy match. Obviously, some of y’all are joking but others are just being a bit cocky and are going to be disappointed if we think this match we’ll be a duplicate of the last one. The USA are going to put everything out there to win as it’s massive for Berhalter and the confidence of the fans behind them.

This. How confident some are going into this upcoming match is almost worrying... I remember early October most of us would’ve been content with a draw and over the moon with a win. I’m this time around some seem to think we got this in the bag.. keep the David vs Goliath mentality boys 

6 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

This. How confident some are going into this upcoming match is almost worrying... I remember early October most of us would’ve been content with a draw and over the moon with a win. I’m this time around some seem to think we got this in the bag.. keep the David vs Goliath mentality boys 

I would still be extremely pleased with a draw but I think the fact that US is missing their two best players (Adams and Pulisic) plus their best striker (Altidore) and keeper (Steffen) changes the expectations.

Just now, Floortom said:

I would still be extremely pleased with a draw but I think the fact that US is missing their two best players (Adams and Pulisic) plus their best striker (Altidore) and keeper (Steffen) changes the expectations.

Yeah missing those key guys can also have a galvanizing effect for the US.  They are already pissed they lost last game, and now a lot of their own fans are down on then because they are missing the top guys.  I’m expecting them to be fired up to prove everyone wrong, and think this will be a very tough game.

16 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Oh for sure 100% agree a tie on Friday would be sweet. Tie= Job done and we’re on to the Nations League semi finals. What I’m saying is the attitude this time around is much different as compared to last month. Missing some of their notables certainly helps us but coming into this game with the “we’re the favourites” mentality is going to do us the opposite of good. We must remember guys like Dest, Morris, Zardes etc are more then capable of catching our sometimes questionable defence on a bad break. 

33 minutes ago, hawk99 said:

Must be lots of money flowing in on USA cause it opened at -125 USA, Draw +260, Canada +333 this morning

Canada opened at +333 on Bet365 this morning? That seems surprising that the line moved that much already.

From what I understand when it comes to lines moving it’s most often a myth that money moves lines, except very close to kick off. Most of the times books adjust lines when they either notice a mistake or learn new info.

Kind of interesting  that of all the lineups listed, they only include 14 of the 23 players. However, there would really only be 3 or 4 guys that I would be suprising  start. 

Players noone has selected are: Crepeau, Leurweiller, Adekugbe, Didic, Zator, Fraser, Eustaquio, Wotherspoon, Millar.

4 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Kind of interesting  that of all the lineups listed, they only include 14 of the 23 players. However, there would really only be 3 or 4 guys that I would be suprising  start. 

Players noone has selected are: Crepeau, Leurweiller, Adekugbe, Didic, Zator, Fraser, Eustaquio, Wotherspoon, Millar.

Only player I see possibly getting the start out of who you listed is Adekugbe. Eustaquio is a man for the future but he hasn’t played 1st team football in months and months. Millar will be a good sub, but realistically everyone else would be to experimental to start in such a big game. 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

I like a classic 4-3-3.

Borjan. 
Laryea.  Henry.  Vitoria. Davies.  
                     Piette.  
           Arfield.     Osorio.

David.        Cavalini.     Hoilett.  

After watching Davies destroy competition at LB, I’d love that for this key away game. He would still pitch in and overlap on attack along with Laryea on the other side.

This is a very good and strong lineup. 

Davies terrorized the US in the last game, I think its crazy to move him further away from goal when he's by far our biggest threat.  

Davies--David--Hoilett

---Arfield--------Osorio

Piette

Miller-Cornelius-Vitoria-Laryea

Borjan

Let David play as a false 9 and drop into midfield and allow Davies more freedom to move higher and get on the ball, I think this lineup has a bunch of guys who will all press high on the US, we limit the US from playing out and try to win the ball high up the field.  We did a very good job of that in the last game, so I don't think we should change that all too much.  Another LB who plays for Munich never plays that position when he plays for his country (Austria) because he impacts the game so much more playing higher up the field either wide in midfield or as a CM (David Alaba).  We just don't have anyone who can do what Davies can on the ball and he had his way with the US last game, Hoilett/David and Cavallini are good, but Davies is another level and causes chaos running at people or running behind.  

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Part of Millers good game was having Davies running rampant in front of him.  He puts pressure on the other team and has the wheels to track back and help on defense.  

I was sat 12 rows up right on Millers side in the first half and I thought he did pretty well in the limited amount of stuff he had to do.  He didn't push very high and played fairly conservative allowing Davies lots of rope to attack and he covered the space behind.  Davies doing so much allowed him to basically not get much pressure, that's great and a strong argument to keep Davies there. Also I just don't really think this USA team has a very threatening attack and hasn't shown whatsoever the ability to put a lot of pressure on and create a lot of chances against anyone under Belhalter, so we should game plan to play on the front foot as much as possible.  

34 minutes ago, Addona said:

Or Kaye, if healthy?

True, forgot about that. Generally I havent really liked him there based on what I've seen though.

The thing is the US will come out with a high line and press our back line unlike last match. We need composure and the ability to play out of the back. Just not sure if Miller is the one we want back there under these circumstances. We'll see what Herdman goes with though.