USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

3 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Yeah, we beat the USA once, and Some people think that this will be an easy match. Obviously, some of y’all are joking but others are just being a bit cocky and are going to be disappointed if we think this match we’ll be a duplicate of the last one. The USA are going to put everything out there to win as it’s massive for Berhalter and the confidence of the fans behind them.

We cannot underestimate them but it's just as important not to give them too much respect. 

Let's stick to the facts: We have the more dangerous players going forward.  They are in bad form and we are in good form.  Our players know they can beat them.  Their media is roasting their Federation over the lame vote of confidence for Berhalter just days out of the game.  They have important players missing, we do not.  Florida is literally our home away from home, really, of all the places they could have chosen...

We are by no means the favourites but they are very beatable right now. 

The way I see it, if we start Miller we can still convert to 3 at the back without using a sub. Millar has played on the left of a back three often this year, and Davies just shifts to wingback. I start Davies up front similar to last game, and if it doesn’t work, just shift to a back three.

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

We cannot underestimate them but it's just as important not to give them too much respect. 

Let's stick to the facts: We have the more dangerous players going forward.  They are in bad form and we are in good form.  Our players know they can beat them.  Their media is roasting their Federation over the lame vote of confidence for Berhalter just days out of the game.  They have important players missing, we do not.  Florida is literally our home away from home, really, of all the places they could have chosen...

We are by no means the favourites but they are very beatable right now. 

This is one of those situations where, historically, we've really sh*t the bed.  Another good chance for Herdman to show his chops in the psychological prep for this game.

13 hours ago, Floortom said:

I think some here have way more faith in Miller than I do. All credit to him for working hard and learning a new position but he was clear weak link last match and I thought we were kind of lucky to get away with him. We don’t have many options though - it’s either Davies, Adekugbe or Miller.

...or Cornelius.

The more I think about it, the more I see Herdman going with a back four of Cornelius, Vitoria, Henry and Laryea.

4 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Not to mention the game will be played on Miller's home field!

It's a point worth considering for sure.  A solid performance by Miller down there would likely solidify himself for Canada AND Orlando.  Is that too much pressure or a perfect scenario?  I guess it depends on the player...   

Whenever I find myself getting too comfortable about this game coming up, I remember back to what I felt like when the ball was at Pulisic's feet for an open shot at goal with the score 0-0. If he finished that it would have really changed the game I think, and everything that has come since.

Hopefully we score first in this one again.

13 minutes ago, Kent said:

Whenever I find myself getting too comfortable about this game coming up, I remember back to what I felt like when the ball was at Pulisic's feet for an open shot at goal with the score 0-0. If he finished that it would have really changed the game I think, and everything that has come since.

Hopefully we score first in this one again.

This moment still gives me anxiety. I’m willing to bet if Pulisic buries that, it would’ve been a completely different game